Tips & Tricks to make this Dark chocolate wine Mousse cups:
- Measure the chocolate and water so accurate, use a weighing scale for chocolates and measuring cup for water.
- If you are ok with Alcohol, You can use half wine and half alcohol.
- Any fruit juices can be replaced half and half in place of water.
- Use only couverture chocolates, I have also tried this recipe with 55% dark Chocolate. It came out good, but not piping consistency. If you are looking for piping consistency with 55% dark, you can set it in fridge for an hour and then try piping.
- You can pipe it in glasses/plate if you don’t want to make cups.
- Cups can be used for any other desserts, custards, parfait layers or even kids will love it just with some fruits and nuts.
Check my few other Chocolate recipes:
Wine and Chocolates are such wonderful pairings, but here I am not using any alcohol. Check out this easy recipe.
- 175 g 70% Dark Couverture Chocolate
- 212 g Water
- 3 drops Ossoro's Fruit Wine Essence
- A bowl of Ice Bath
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 100 g Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate
- 2 tbsp Almonds or other nuts or chocolate chips
Melt dark and milk over double boil or microwave.
Use a brush and apply it in the silicone cups. Try to brush it in equal thickness and don't make it so thin, it may break while removing from mold.
Let it set in fridge for 5 minutes.
Remove from the molds and store in air tight containers.
Measure the Chocolate and water in 2 separate bowls.
Boil the water.
Prepare the ice bath.
Add it to chocolate and using a whisk, mix it together.
Once combined and chocolate is melted completely, place it in ice bath.
Whisk it till you get mousse consistency, once its nearing the required consistency, remove it from ice bath.
Be careful at this stage not to over mix. If over mixed, it will harden.
Add in Ossoro's Fruit Wine Essence.
Just before serving arrange a layer of pomegranate, nuts(if using) in the chocolate cups.
Pipe with mousse and top with more nuts.