Easy Australian Lamington Cake in Cooker is very easy to make without any fancy tools.
Lamington is an Australian Cake, made from squares of Vanilla Sponge Cake coated with Chocolate Sauce and rolled with desiccated Coconut.
I baked a Sponge Cake using Butter, in cooker. Then dipped it in a homemade chocolate sauce. And then rolled it on fresh coconut.
This good old Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe is slightly adapted from joyofbaking. I have explained how to bake this sponge cake without any fancy tools with pictures. You will need only a whisk, that can be bought in a supermarket.
How to Bake a Cake in Cooker?
- You will need a Baking Pan that fits in your Cooker.
- Prepare the pan by applying butter or oil.
- Cover it with parchment paper cut to pan’s size. If you are baking in a stainless steel pan, then cover the pan on its sides also. Chose a pan that has a flat bottom.
- Now Prepare the cooker by adding a layer of salt and place a stand that can circulate air.
- Preheat cooker in full flame for about 10 minutes.
- Get ready with the Cake Batter.
- After placing the cake batter in cooker, simmer to low flame to cook it.
- Check after 25 minutes with a toothpick inserted comes out clean, if not bake it for 5 more minutes.
I have made Sprinkles Cake in Cooker before. If you would like to check the recipe, click here.
Lamington is a delicious treat that can be very simple to make at home.
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar Pulse Regular Sugar in mixer for a minute
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest Optional
- 85 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut
Preheat the prepared cooker. Check the procedure above to prepare the cooker.
Prepare the Baking Pan and set aside.
Measure the Flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
In another bowl start beating the butter using a whisk. Beat till light pale color.
Add in the Sugar and beat till creamy.
Add in one Egg at a time and mix till incorporated. Repeat for the rest of the eggs.
Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
Keep adding the flour and milk alternatively in three additions, starting and ending with Flour.
Pour the batter in the prepared Baking pan.
Place it cooker and bake in low flame for 25 minutes. Check it after 25 min with a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If its sticky, let it cook for another 5 min.
Once done, remove the pan from cooker and let it cool down. Remove cake from the pan once completely cooled.
Melt Chocolate, Butter and Milk in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
Once its melted to smooth, remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and cocoa powder till no lumps.
Trim the top of cake. Cut the cake in squares.
Place the coconut in a tray.
Dip the squares in chocolate sauce and roll it on the coconut.
Repeat it for all the squares and its ready to serve.
This weeks last recipe in “BM#93” on the topic “Pick an Alphabet, 3 Countries“. That’s Lamingtons from Australia.