Mini Banoffee – Layered Pie Recipe is an easy no bake dessert.
I just took these Mini Banoffee Pie to my friends home, where my son loves to play with their daughter. I always take him there since they are the only Tamil Family in our Apartment(Oh my bad!).
Looking at my Banoffee Pie’s, My Friend told me “These Tart look awesome”. From then on I doubt, whether it is a Pie or Tart. And Whats the difference between a Pie and Tart.
So I came back home and searched our Big Boss “Google” and found this in “the Kitchn” blog. It says both are different, but cousins.
Whats the difference between Pie and Tart?
The Major differences are
- Pie Pan has a slide on the sides and Tart doesn’t.
- Pies are served in the same pan in which it is baked. But Tarts are baked and then removed from the pan served.
- Both can be made sweet or savory, with a flaky or firm crust and a filling.
So I consider both are nearly same and moving on to the recipe.
Banoffee Pie is an English Dessert that has layers of Biscuit Crumble, Toffee(caramel or boiled condensed milk), Banana and Cream.
The Place of Origin of these Banoffee Pie is United Kingdom. And so this is taking up a place in “Global Cuisine” Theme under “BM #94”.
- I used mini tart pans, you can use the same recipe in 7″ or 8″ Tart Pan also.
- You can either refrigerate the tart crust or bake it at 180 C for 5-8 min to make crispy.
- Apply generous amount of Oil to the surface of the pan to release tart from the pan.
Banoffee Pie is an English Dessert that's so easy to make as a last minute dessert.
- 15 Marie Biscuits / Graham Crackers
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 Cup Dulce de Leche / Caramel
- 1 Large Rippped Banana
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream
Pulse the crust ingredients all together in the mixer grinder till fine crumbs.
Prepare the 3 mini-tart pans by applying some oil.
Press the crumbs in tart pans and put in fridge for 1 hour. You can even use a single large tart pan.
After an hour, remove the shells from the pan.
Layer it with 2 tbsp Dulce de leche in each pan.
Arrange sliced bananas and top it with whipped heavy cream.
Place it fridge until serving. Drizzle it dulce de leche if desired.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for fellow Bloggers doing this BM#94.