Usually Fruit Cakes are the best! And coming to this Upside-down Pineapple Cake, its very healthy since I used Whole Wheat Flour and Brown Sugar.
Pineapple is one fruit that’s available in all season. Once they starts to smell and turn light yellowish, that’s when they are fully ripen.
Its a no cream required Cake since the beauty of pineapple slices takes it all over. I decorated with some Cashews, you can use any nuts. I used fresh slices of Pineapple, you can always use the canned one also.
Whole Wheat Pineapple Cake with brown sugar is a must cake that can be easily made at home.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (120g)
- 1 Egg
- 60 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla / Pineapple Extract
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 c Milk
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (or more according to your taste)
Preheat Oven to 200 C. Sift Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
Beat Butter and Sugar till creamy.
Add Egg and Extract, Mix well.
Start adding Flour and milk alternatively starting and ending with flour.
Prepare a 7" Pan by applying 4 tbsp Butter and sprinkle the brown sugar.
Place the Sliced Pineapple and then pour the batter.
Bake at 200 C for 20-30 min or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can use fresh or canned Pineapples.
- Don’t cut out the butter that goes as topping, because that helps to keep your cake moist. (Easily releases from the bottom)
- You can substitute All purpose Flour in place of wheat flour.
- Also substitute Regular Sugar instead of Brown Sugar.