Hi guys! How is baking going on? I thought of making the first move by posting Almond Sprinkles Biscotti. Wondering what am I talking about? You guys know what I am talking about if you read my previous blog. I hope all of you got a chance to look at my announcement on Kid’s Delight event with the theme of birthday party treats. I know you are all excited about your entries for the event!
Guess what? I made Almond Sprinkles Biscotti for my kid and he totally loved it. In fact, he keeps bugging me to make more. So, I thought why not make it a kid’s delight special recipe for birthday party treat? Oh, how we love almonds! The tale of almond love is never ending. No matter how old we grow, we still search for almonds in biscuits and cookies. Imagine kid’s desperation for almonds.
What more makes Almond Sprinkles Biscotti special for kids? It’s obviously sprinkles. Colorful substances always looks attractive for kids. I used sprinkles of various colors and various shapes for this recipe. This is one of the reasons why my kid goes crazy about these biscottis. We know that kid’s appetite grows for the things that look colorful and this is one of them.
So, what are you waiting for? Here is your chance to bake Almond Sprinkles Biscotti for your kid and win the ‘best mummy award’. Take a look at the recipe and start baking!
If you try this recipe, do tag me on Instagram or Facebook @bakewithbittybakes.
My Instagram Event:
If you are on INSTAGRAM, then definitely go check my on going GIVEAWAY for #imbakingforhappynes. Participate and win some exciting prizes too! Click here to know more.
I am sending this to Srivalli’s Kids Delight Event! My theme is Birthday Party Treats. So you do participate and enjoy Baking! Check the guidelines here to participate in the same, this is for both Bloggers and Non-Bloggers!!
Almond Sprinkles Biscotti Recipe
- 300 g (2 + 1/3 cup) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 160 g (1 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 56 g (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Almonds
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Mixed Sprinkles (can use mixed shape and colors)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 cup Mixed Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk in Flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, sprinkles and salt.
- Add Butter to it and rub between hands to make it crumbly texture.
- Add in chopped Almonds and Sprinkles and give it a mix.
- In another bowl, Whisk Eggs, Oil and Vanilla Extract.
- Mix it with the flour.
- Place the dough on work surface.
- Start kneading the dough till it becomes soft for about 8-10 min.
- Now divide the dough in two halves.
- Place on the prepared tray and shape two big rectangles.
- Mix the Egg Wash ingredients and using a brush apply it on the rectangles.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly golden brown.
- Once done, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 min before you slice. Let the oven be on.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each to 1" thickness.
- Bake for 8 more minutes on one side and repeat after turning to the other side.
- Once done, let it come to room temperature.
- For Topping, Melt Dark Chocolate in double boiler.
- Dip one Biscotti at a time. I coated just half of each. Then sprinkled with sprinkles. You can make it as you wish.
- Kids will always love colorful treats!!
That’s it for today. See you all in the next blog with more yummy bakes and cakes which not only delights your kids but delights everyone!
Note: Just because I mentioned kid’s delight, it doesn’t mean that you should not have it. Have more of these and make the kid in you happy 🙂
3 thoughts on “Almond Sprinkles Biscotti”
Comments are closed.