You can never run out of recipes for innovative cookies. Simple recipes can give scrumptious taste cookies. One such recipe is Almond thumbprint cookies recipe. The best part of this recipe is that you don’t have to prepare this more often. You can stalk this up for days together. Stalking up cookies saves a lot of time of our’s. We do not have to worry about the unannounced guests or neighbors.
I have prepared thumbprint cookies numerous times and I am not bored of it. One of the reasons is that it gives endless options for fillings. In this blog, I have used jam as a filling. Your holiday baking list should definitely include thumbprint cookies with various fillings. Example fillings are chocolate, caramel, peanut butter and what not.
Out of all the cookies out there, most of them prefer thumbprint cookies for parties and holidays. There are easy to make and delicious as ever. They are elegant, crunchy and crispy outside, jam adds up to the taste. This very much reminds me of my childhood favorite biscuits Jim-jam! Do you remember? Two biscuits attached by cream and the top part had jam. It was a lovely one!
I have used Ossoro’s almond flavor for Thumbprint cookies recipe. I can tell you that adding Ossoro’s almond flavor adds to the taste and aroma. Totally recommend using Ossoro’s real almond flavor for this recipe. Not just this recipe, use it for all your baking recipes and trust me you are going to love it! They have a variety of flavors which will amaze you. It’s time to see the procedure of how are these little chunks of happiness are made.
Here are few of cookie recipes using Ossoro Flavors:
Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 115 g (1/2 cup) Butter
- 60 g (1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Vanilla Flavor
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Almond Flavor
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Mixed Jam
- 1/4 cup Chopped Almonds optional
- Using an electric beater, beat butter for a minute.
- Add in sugar. Mix well.
- Add Flour and mix.
- Make a dough and cling wrap it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tbsp dough and make balls.
- Press the center, using your thumb.
- Pipe the jam in it. Sprinkle the almonds on the cookies.
- Bake it for 12-15 minutes until they are slightly brown.
- Let it cool and store in airtight container.
It was fun sharing this recipe with you. Try it out and let me know how you like it. Happy Holidays!
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019