How are you all killing time during the Quarantine period? I know you have all been baking delicious bakes at home. Add this drooling Apple Streusel Tea Cake to the list. This is the time we create some good, delicious and healthy baking recipes. Because, we have all the time in the world. Agree?
There’s nothing scrumptious and healthy like Apple Streusel Tea Cake to have with a cup of coffee or tea. We are all at home self quarantining ourselves, while we don’t have many options to move and have a lot of options to binge eat, let us stick to healthy eating and make healthier choices. Because, we do not want to be overweight when we come out this quarantine period. Replace unhealthy substances with healthy ones just like how I have used Buckwheat flour, rice flour, oat flour for this recipe. I have also used brown sugar to replace white sugar.
Apple Tea Cake:
Kids are at home. They keep bugging you to give them something tasty more often. This Apple Streusel Tea Cake solves that problem too. Basically, streusel interests kids. What is streusel? It’s a German pronunciation which means crumbly topping. I have mentioned the ingredients needed for the streusel below. To make this recipe a little unique, I have baked the tea cake on the stove top.
I have used Ossoro’s sweet Apple flavor for this recipe of Apple Streusel Tea Cake. This is a must use flavor for this recipe to enhance the taste. Just in case if you want to replace apples with any other fruits, Ossoro has a wide range of flavors available too. You name it and they have it! Let’s bake this beauty.
Apple Streusel Tea Cake
- 3 tbsp Cold Butter
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Oats Flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Poppy seed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- pinch of Salt
For Apple Cake:
- 3/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (112 g) Butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Sweet Apple Flavor
- 1/2 cup Apple cubes
To make Streusel:
- Mix all the ingredients under streusel and reserve.
To make cake:
- Preheat a deep pan layering inside with salt and a stand that can allow some heat. Close the pan with a lid and keep it on stove top. Let it preheat at low flame for 10 minutes.
- Mix Milk, Poppy seed and Ossoro's Sweet Apple Flavor.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Add in all the dry ingredients and milk with poppy seed.
- Mix in Apple Cubes.
- Pour it in 2- four inch pans and top it with streusel.
- Bake in preheated setup for about 30-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- This is a perfect tea time cake!
This recipe will indeed be one of the delicious tea cakes ever. Enjoy baking this at home. Stay home, stay safe, stay healthy.