Healthy Gluten free Banana Muffin is a very good option to go for gluten free version and low carb. Usually they use gluten free oats, but here its coconut flour, banana and walnut. If you prefer chocolate chips over walnut, you can add it. Adding chocolate chips will make a nut-free muffin.
After getting into low carb diet, I sometimes carve for a bit of sweet muffin. So I wanna bake something that’s also low carb.
Healthy Gluten free banana muffin
Coconut Oil and coconut flour leaves a very strong coconut flavor. It’s very moist and airy inside. Coconut flour absorbs lot of moisture, so very less flour usually takes lot of eggs. Making Coconut flour in home is very easy and can be stored in freezer for a month.
- 1/2 c Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 c Coconut oil
- 1/4 c Honey see notes for other options
- 2 Medium size Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 c Chopped walnuts more for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 for 10 min and line the liners in muffin pan.
- Combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using a whisk, mix eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and honey.
- Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup walnuts and pour in muffin liners and top it with walnuts.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes clean for about 15 min.