Anyone who does not love Belgian chocolates or the flavor of Belgian chocolates are not true lovers of chocolates. This blog is all about Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake. We all know that Belgian chocolates are great and Belgium is one of the most famous countries for chocolates. When in Belgium, chocolates are must try. But, what if you cannot find Belgian chocolates wherever you are. Here is your answer for that.
This recipe is a boon from heaven for those who love chocolate cake. Doesn’t matter if you are baking this for your sweet tooth cravings or birthdays or farewell parties, it serves its purpose of making you happy. After all, who doesn’t love creamy chocolaty Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake right?
Here are a few facts about Belgium Chocolates that I am sure you didn’t know about.
Belgium Chocolates has a history of almost 400 years. Can you believe that!
Belgium produces 600,000 tons of chocolate per year.
Belgium makes 4 billion euros just by exporting chocolates.
The best seller of chocolates in Belgium is Brussels which is in an airport.
The world’s biggest chocolate factory is in Belgium.
Well, I guess you have enough reasons now to use Belgium chocolates for your recipes. Since you cannot head to Belgium to get chocolates for this Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake, there’s a magic ingredient that you can use. Ossoro has made our life so much easier by introducing so many flavors and one of my favorite is Ossoro’s Belgian Chocolate Powder for dark chocolate flavor. This mousse cake is not complete without the use of this flavor. So, let’s see how it is made.
Check my few other chocolate Recipes:
Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake
To make Belgian Chocolate Cake:
- 230 g (1 + 1/2 +1/4 cup) All purpose Flour/ Maida
- 400 g (2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder For dark chocolate flavor, use 3/4 cup. For medium chocolate flavor use 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Dark Chocolate Melt
- 2 + 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Hot Water
For Belgian Chocolate Mousse:
- 2 tbsp Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 113 g Dark Chocolate Use good quality coverture chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
To make Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare two 6" pan with butter paper.
- Whisk Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder with other dry ingredients together.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients together.
- Now mix both! Its ready to bake.
- Bake in the prepared pan at 200 C for 30-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, let it cool to room temperature.
For the Mousse:
- Whisk hot water and Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder. Set aside.
- Melt the Dark chocolate either in double boiler or microwave.
- Once melted to smooth, remove from heat and add in hot water mix.
- Whisk just till combined.
- Using an electric beater, beat heavy cream and icing sugar to slightly stiff peaks. (between stiff and soft peaks)
- Pout in the chocolate mix to beaten cream.
- Fold in gently till mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or till use. You can make this 2 days ahead of time.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, layer it with mousse.
- Finish it with ganache drip if needed.
- Chill the Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake for at least 3 hours, until its completely chilled. Best served next day!
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019