Berliner – Easy German Donuts Recipe is very similar to Donuts.
Donuts, Name itself is just so fancy round the season. Kids are very much attracted towards donuts whenever they see it in a Mall especially.
Long Play timings and Lengthy Walks in the Mall makes them so much crazy to carve for something. Adding to this, the Aroma of Donuts just wakes up their taste buds (not only theirs off course 😉 and pushes us to buy these Donuts.
So these Donuts where in my To-Do List for very long time. They just suit this week’s Blogging Marathon theme “Global Cuisine”, since the Berliner is originated in German.
Berliner is a traditional German pastry with no central holes filled with Jam or Marmalade. Usually coated with Icing or Powdered Sugar.
The main ingredients are Yeast, Flour, milk and Eggs. Yeast dough is allowed to raise and cut to rounds using a cookie cutter and then deep fried in Oil till golden brown.
They are so soft and airy on the inside. Filling it with jam just adds extra rich flavor. You can use any jam of your choice. You can also glaze it with Chocolate and add on some sprinkles for a party. Variations are limitless you can go on with your favorite choices.
Here are some of my other Dessert Recipes:
Berliner - Easy German Donuts Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Cinnamon Sugar Cinnamon + sugar
- 1/2 cup Any Jam
- First step is to activate Yeast by adding Warm Water to Yeast. Let it sit for 2 minutes, meanwhile prepare the rest.
- In a bowl, Mix Flour and all other ingredients.
- Add in the yeast and using a hook attachment whisk it till mixed for 5 minutes.
- Rest it to raise in a greased bowl for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, Heat Oil in a pan for deep frying the donuts.
- Dust a work surface with some flour and punch it back and place the dough.
- Roll to half inch thickness, using a round cookie cutter, make donuts without holes.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry these donuts till golden brown. Repeat it unroll all the dough is done.
- If using, roll it on Cinnamon Sugar.
- Make a hole on the sides, and fill it with Jam. Serve it immediately.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for fellow Bloggers doing this BM#94.