Pastries are never out of style. They have always topped the dessert list. Today I would love to share one such recipe, which is the best ever Chocolate Eclairs Pastry. It is going to top your favorite pastry list. Ready for it?
Best Ever Chocolate Eclairs Pastry
Eclairs – when was the first time you tried it? I remember, when I was a kid I used to buy a chocolate for Rs.1 and the name of it is Eclairs. That is the first time I ever tried the flavor and has been in love with it ever since. As a kid, it was kind of a posh chocolate. All my friends would shower extra love on me if I distribute Eclairs chocolate on my birthday. Whenever I cry, my dad would get me eclairs to console me. And, I would be easily consoled. These are the fond memories that I have with eclairs and a story behind how I got introduced to Eclairs. I’m sure you have a story to share on eclairs. Do share it in the comment below and I would love to read it.
Before we talk about the Chocolate eclairs pastry, let us dig a little deeper on how eclairs were born. As a dessert person and as a baker, I think it’s important for me to know about it and also to share it with you guys.
Here are some of the important points to remember about Eclairs :
- Eclairs originated in France in the nineteenth century.
- Eclairs is a french word which translates to ‘lightning’. The lightness of the cream puff and the soft filling is the secret behind the name.
- The maximum number of days the eclairs can be stored in the refrigerator is 3 days.
I hope the above points were helpful. Whenever I visit a pastry shop, I go gaga over Chocolate Eclairs Pastry. And, that inspired me to bake this. It took me several attempts to get it right. But, it was all worth it. Try this recipe at home and I’m sure it is going to be your new favorite. Happy Baking!
Here are some more chocolate recipes that you would love:
- Walnut Chocolate Cake Tart
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcake
- Chocolate Cookie Cake
- Melt in Mouth Chocolate Tart
Tips to remember when you make Eclairs:
- Once you add the flour, cook till it looks shinny and comes away from the pan.
- Add only 1 egg at a time. This ensures that its mixed properly.
- Final batter should be in pouring consistency.
- While baking, the dough rises up. So leave at least 2″ space while piping.
- Dip your finger in water and touch any sharp edges to flatten it.
- Bake it in till its nicely raised and golden color.
- Once its cooled completely, you can store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Once filled, serve immediately.
Best ever Chocolate Eclairs Pastry
To make Eclairs:
- 65 g 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 55 g (4 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Nutella (for filling)
- 1 cup Melted Chocolate (for glazing)
- 2 tbsp Silver ball sprinkles (optional)
- To make Eclair:
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat Butter and water, let it come to boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour. Stir continuously til mixed.
- Put it back on low flame and stir till dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes to lukewarm.
- Now add 1 Egg at a time and stir till its mixed well. Do it for rest of the Eggs.
- Dough should be in a ribbon consistency when you pour.
- Prepare a piping bag by either placing a round nozzle or just trim the edge to round shape.
- Fill the piping bag with the dough.
- Cut the parchment paper in the same size of the cookie tray in which you are going to bake.
- Draw 9.5cm lines in the cut parchment paper. Leave 2 inch space between each lines.
- Turn the parchment and start piping the dough on the lines.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until its nice golden brown.
- Add nutella to a piping bag.
- Once its completely cooled, make a hole in the bottom and fill it with nutella. You can also fill with strawberry whipped cream.
- Glaze it with melted chocolate and sprinkle with silver balls if using.
- Serve immediately!