Best Ever Red Velvet Cookies are the best with crispy outside and chewy center!
I always love to have cookies with my evening ginger cardamom Chai. For that, I used to make three batches of chocolate chip cookies and freeze the dough and bake one batch when its over.
But I started to get bored of these Chocolate chip cookies. So I was searching for something else. I am so sure, that it should definitely have chocolate in it.
Then I decided to go on with these Red Velvet Cookies! And found a perfect Essence from Ossoro Flavors – Red Velvet Essence itself.
Once I baked these cookies, I just loved it with my Chai! It’s such a wonderful combination and now I still have a batch of these frozen to satisfy my cravings.
If you wish to freeze the dough, scoop it and freeze completely in tray. Then keep it frozen in zip lock covers. When you would like to bake, take out only the required scoops and defrost it in fridge overnight. And then Bake it in preheated oven.
Now why do you wait? Just get your hands on and bake it. If you enjoy making these cookies, just click it and send me with your chai 🙂
You can follow me on Instagram @bakewithbittybakes.
Sign up to the mailing list if you would like to know about upcoming events!
Best Ever Red Velevt Cookies
- 200 g (1+1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Butter
- 120 g (1/2 +1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 45 g (1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Ossoro's Red Velvet Essence
- 5 drops Red Food Coloring
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Whisk in the Flour, Cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl using an electric beater, Beat Butter till creamy.
- Beat in sugars till creamy.
- Add in the Egg, milk and Ossoro's Red Velvet Essence.
- Add color and mix it.
- Fold in the Flour gently.
- Mix in the Chocolate chips and save some to top it with.
- If needed more color, you can add in.
- Refrigerate the dough for atleast 1 hour up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 min. Prepare a cookie tray with butter paper.
- Scoop the dough on to the cookie tray with 2" gap between one another.
- Top it with some chocolate chips if needed.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until the edges start to darken slightly.
- Once cooled, store the cookies in air tight containers.