Yes!! These are really Best Ever Strawberry cupcakes.
Strawberries!! One of my favorite fruit. The color of it just motivates and keeps you refreshing.
I love to make fruit infused cakes. But I don’t want to lose the original flavor of strawberry. So I started searching for a real strawberry cake not just using the strawberry essence.
There are lot of recipes and I finally landed up in my all time favorite blog Sallysbakingaddiction. This Recipe is adapted from sally’s blog. Her idea of adding the reduced fruit puree in cake is so amazing. It just gives a deep and original flavor of the fruit.
Grinding the Strawberries without adding water and reducing it on stove top will make a thick paste. When you add reduced puree to the cake batter, it gives a deep flavor.
How to make Reduced Strawberry Puree?
- Puree 500g Strawberries to make 1/2 cup reduced puree. (500g yields 1 cup of puree)
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the puree and let it boil.
- Let it reduce to 1/2 cup. This should be completely cooled before adding to the cake batter.
- I made it the day before and stored in air tight container.
Some of my other Cupcake recipes are below:
Best Ever Strawberry Cupcakes
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar
- 3 Egg Whites
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Yohurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Milk
- 1/4 cup Reduced Strawberry Puree check above
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 15 Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare the Cupcake Tray with the liners. This Recipe will get around 15 medium size cupcakes.
- Measure and whisk the flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using an electric beater, beat Butter and Sugar until creamy.
- Add in Egg Whites and Vanilla Extract.
- Mix Milk and yogurt.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix slowly.
- Pour it in the prepared tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, Pipe the whipped cream and top it with strawberries.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon