When in doubt, go for black forest. This has been everyone’s mantra for a while now. It’s time to take it a step ahead and hence the recipe Black forest Brownie Parfaits. Oh, Imagine that fresh whipped cream, cherry compote and delicious brownie presented in layers! How can someone not fall in love with it?
Kid’s Delight event with birthday party treats theme is a known news for all of you. I have been trying various recipes that would bring the excitement of kids to the highest level. Black forest Brownie Parfaits is one those recipe which can do it effortlessly. So I am sending this to Srivalli’s Kids Delight Event.
Check my other Kids Delight – Birthday Party Treats:
Chocolate is such a great mood booster. We all agree with that. When our kids are crying over something, we offer them either chocolate or ice cream. Immediately within fraction of seconds, crying will be stopped and sorrow will be turned into joy. That is the power of chocolate and cream. So, I thought why not layer them in the small jars and make black forest Brownie Parfaits.
By the way, did you know why Parfait is called ‘Parfait’? It is a french word which means ‘Perfect’. If you are looking for a perfect dessert to your meal or to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, what else could be a better option than the perfect Black forest Brownie Parfaits? When the name itself says that it is perfect, you can envision the taste of it as perfect as its name. I will not make you wait anymore. Let us get right into the recipe.
Few of my Healthy Bakes:
Black Forest Brownie Parfaits
- 120 g Dark Chocolate
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 135 g (1/4 +1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 100 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) All purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup Cherry Compote
- Chocolate Shreds
How to make One Bowl Brownies:
- In a double boiler, melt Chocolate and Butter till smooth.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Then add in sugars and Vanilla.
- Add in one Egg at a time. Scrape the side of the bowl.
- Add in Flour and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare a muffin tray with oil/butter and pour the batter. Alternatively you can bake in a square pan!
- Bake for 15-20 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.(when u bake in a square tray the time might vary)
- Let it cool completely before removing from pan.
- Make some large crumbs out of Brownies.
- Layer it in serving glasses or jars.
- Add in Cherry compote.
- Top it with whipped cream.
- Layer brownie crumbs and cream again.
- Top it with some Chocolate Shreds if using.
- Chill it for an hour or until served.
- Serve it and Enjoy!