This Butterscotch Eclair recipe is so enticing !!
The first thing that comes to mind when we hear the word eclair is the ₹1 eclair chocolate!. Made with toffee and filled with chocolate, it makes you want more after eating it!.
But this is the Classic French Pastry usually made with Choux dough. I have already tired Chocolate Eclairs!. So, this time I have planned to make it Butterscotch. I am a die hard fan of butterscotch so I was excited to make eclair with Butterscotch Sauce and filled with Cream Cheese.
How do you incorporate Butterscotch Flavor in the Eclair itself?? Here comes the Ossoro’s Butterscotch Flavor! Since not much of liquid goes in, it was perfect for Eclair.
You can buy these Essence from Bakery Kart and they have all the Baking needs!!
Check my other desserts using Ossoro Flavors:
Check and Follow my Instagram Page, there is an exciting thing coming up!!
Butterscotch Eclair filled with Cream Cheese Frosting
For Butterscotch Eclair:
- 65 g (1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 55 g Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Butterscotch Essence
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butterscotch Chips
To make Eclair:
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat Butter and water, let it come to boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour. Stir continuously til mixed.
- Put it back on low flame and stir till dough comes away from sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes to lukewarm.
- Now add 1 Egg at a time and stir till its mixed well. Do it for rest of the Eggs.
- Add Ossoro's Butterscotch Essence and Mix. Dough should be in a ribbon consistency when your pour.
- Prepare a piping bag by either placing a round nozzle or just trim the edge to round shape.
- Fill the piping bag with the dough.
- Prepare a cookie tray with butter paper. Apply some butter or flour to get it out easily.
- Draw 9.5cm lines spacing alternatively in the cut parchment paper.
- Turn the parchment and start piping the dough on the lines.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until its nice golden brown.
- Let it cool completely.
- Add Ossoro's Butterscotch Essence to the Cream Cheese Frosting. Mix it well.
- Once the Eclair is cooled, make a hole and pipe in the frosting.
- Now dip the top in the butterscotch sauce one by one.
- Top it with some Butterscotch chips and dig in!!