This Cardamom Coffee bundt marble Cake Recipe is long time in my bucket list. And now I am very happy to share this recipe.
Are you tired of making Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Cake? When I was going through Yotam Ottolenghi Book named Sweet, I came across this combination of cardamom and coffee. His book approaches some different flavor pairings.
I always pair Cardamom with Chai/ Tea. My all time favorite is ginger and cardamom tea. But this coffee and cardamom cake is told me a different story. It’s so rich and delicious.
How to make perfect Pound Cake?
Classic Pound Cakes are always rich in flavor, because it’s made with equal amount of butter, sugar, eggs and Flour. Bring all the ingredients, mainly Butter to room temperature. Don’t cheat by microwaving the butter. When its melted slightly, it doesn’t cream properly.
Most importantly, cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix just till the yolk disappears. Either fold in the flour using a spatula or beat it in low speed using blender. Do not over mix.
How to make Cardamom Coffee Bundt Marble Cake Recipe?
Once the batter is ready, split it into two half, each in one bowl. Ground the cardamom seeds without skin to powder and mix to one batter.
Make Black Coffee using a Rich Gourmet Coffee Powder in 2 tbsp water. Let it come to room temperature. Add in to the other cake batter and mix it for coffee flavor. Wow!! That aroma of rich coffee just satisfies you.
Cardamom Coffee Bundt Marble Cake Recipe
- 200 g Butter
- 200 g Castor Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200 g All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 4-5 Cardamom
- 1 tsp Gourmet Coffee Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk
For Coffee Sugar Glaze:
- 1/2 tsp Gourmet Coffee Powder
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk/ Water
- Preheat Oven to 200 C for 10 min.
- Measure the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix using a whisk.
- Make Black Coffee using the coffee powder and water. Let it come to room temperature. I used the coffee without filtering.
- Measure and Cream the Butter till pale color.
- Add Sugar and cream till fluffy. Add Vanilla Extract.
- Add one egg at a time and cream till the yolk disappears. Do not over beat.
- Add the Flour mix and beat till mixed. If the batter is too thick add in some milk.
- Batter should be in pouring consistency.
- Split the batter in to two bowls.
- Powder the cardamom seeds without skin and mix it to one batter. Pour it in the bundt pan.
- Mix the black coffee in the other half batter. Pour it upon the cardamom batter.
- Bake for 35-40 min at 200C or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For Coffee Glaze:
- Mix all glaze ingredients and whisk it without lumps.
- Pour it on Cake Slices while serving.