Now that you know that this post is all about lots of cherries and coconuts, let’s get into a little bit of introduction before we jump into the Cherry coconut cake recipe. If you have read my previous blogs, you might have known that most of the recipes are my invention. So, this was such an invention which came out of the Blue.
My son absolutely love the cakes and bakes that I prepare. Everyone of us are particular of certain things when we are tasting a cake. For few of them it would be the quantity of sweet, for few of them it would be texture, for few of them it would be how soft it is. Overall it is the taste that matters. But, for my son it is the cherry. That’s how kids are right? He asks for cherry whenever I bake something. So, there popped up an idea. I thought ‘why not prepare a cake made up of cherry?’. He was delighted to hear about it.
Next investigation was on what goes well with cherry. From my previous few recipe inventions, I had found out that adding coconut for baking gives special taste. Tried the trick of adding coconut to cherry and the magic happened. Presenting the delicious Cherry coconut cake recipe to you all.
- Use Fresh Coconut straight away.
- To easily pit the cherries, use a round piping nozzle.
- To make instant sour cream, I used 1/2 tsp Lemon juice added to 1/2 cup full fat cream!
- Store this cake in fridge for up to 3 days.
Cherry Coconut Cake Recipe
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All purpose Flour
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Butter
- 150 g (1/2 + 1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream (refer notes above for instant sour cream)
- 2 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a rectangle tray with oil and butter paper.
- In a bowl, whisk Flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in 1 Egg at time and beat till mixed.
- Add in coconut and sour cream. Beat in till mixed.
- Beat in flour mix and mix just till mixed.
- Add in Milk to adjust the consistency.
- Fold in the pitted cherries and reserve some for top.
- Pour it in the prepared tray. Top it with remaining Cherries.
- Bake for 15-20 min until the top looks golden brown or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before removing from pan.
- Dust it with some sugar and serve it some more fresh Cherries!
Seems easy? Yes, indeed it is easy with minimum number of ingredients. And, not a complicated procedure as well. So, what are you waiting for? I am pretty sure that you are going to love the unique blend of cherry and coconut. Give a try and let me know how was it. Feed drool worthy Cherry coconut cake to everyone at home and get a hats-off. You can thank me later for the Cherry coconut cake recipe:)