What do you like the best? Chocolate Cake or Chocolate Cookie? If you love both equally like me, you are in for a treat! Presenting to you my favorite Chocolate Cookie Cake recipe that is absolutely drool worthy!
Chocolate Cookie Cake
When I was first trying out this recipe, I was thinking to myself ‘Probably someone tried a cookie with leftover cake and that’s how this recipe came to light’. This might be true. Most of the delighting recipes are made by mistake and will be later loved by everyone. That’s the beauty of baking!
Have you watched this series 2 Broke Girls on Amazon Prime. If you have, you know that the main characters Max and Caroline own a cupcake shop and they think that combining two recipes or two items will be loved by their customers as consuming cupcakes on a regular basis might seem boring. They finally introduce cupcakes with fries combination. Customers will actually like it. This Chocolate Cookie Cake recipe is similar to that.
Cake tastes good to eat. Cookies taste good to eat. But, when you combine both these beauties, it becomes awesome! You don’t trust me? Then try this recipe and you will realize by yourself. A layer of soft cake and a layer of crunchy cookies is a party in the mouth. Buttery, creamy texture, the chocolate flavor and mild coffee flavor blend together perfectly to deliver the taste it should.
Your evening snacks, morning dessert cravings, after food dessert cravings, mood uplift dessert – you can literally have this whenever you want. I bet it is going to vanish soon after it comes out of the oven. Try out this gorgeous, tempting Chocolate Cookie Cake recipe soon after you read this and you would thank me. Now you know what to do if you are bored with Chocolate or Cake or Cookies. Happy Baking!
Here are similar Chocolate Cake recipes:
- Wheat Chocolate Cake without Oven
- Gluten Free Almond Chocolate Cake
- Death By Chocolate Cake
- Orange Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cookie Cake
For Cookie Layer:
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Salted Butter
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 g (1 cup) Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips/chunks
For Brownie Layer:
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 90 g (1/2 +1/4 cup) Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 160 g (1 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Black Coffee
- 170 g Dark Chocolate (55 %)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare 2 - 4" tins by applying butter.
- Using a whisk or an electric beater, beat butter and sugars till creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Fold in flour and baking soda just till mixed.
- Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Press it in the prepared pan and reserve.
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Sift in the cocoa powder into the melted chocolate and let it cool for a bit.
- In another bowl, beat in eggs and sugar till mixed.
- Mix in coffee and vanilla extract.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix it well.
- Mix the flour till no lumps.
- Pour it on top of the cookie base in both the pans.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can serve it warm for an indulgent feel!