Oreo! What a great name it is. The name itself makes us go drooling. I had this wish of baking something special for Oreo lovers. Hence, I came up with Chocolate Oreo overloaded cookies. Because I personally love Oreo at any time of the day.
Let me dive into my childhood memories of Oreo. When I was a kid, I used to go to my neighbors house to play. One fine day, I saw a little girl at their house who has come all the way from Chicago. She was holding this biscuit which looked black outside and white in the inside. As a kid, I thought anything in black tastes awful. But, that little girl seemed to enjoy it really well. She handed me one of those and I tasted it hesitantly. Fell in love with the biscuit instantly. I asked what is it and that is the first time I heard Oreo.
Eagerly went back home and I asked my mom about Oreo. She said only those who stay in United states get those and we do not get it in India. I was pretty disappointed. Then on-wards, whenever someone announces about going to U.S, I would ask them to get Oreo. That is how my love for Oreo started. As I grew up and as the days passed by, Oreo came to India and I still love it sincerely. So, I thought of combining both of my loves – baking and Oreo. Thus, Chocolate Oreo overloaded cookies were born.
Ossoro’s Cookie Cream Essence:
I have seen people using Oreo in unique ways like oreo milkshake, oreo pancake, oreo brownie cake, oreo fudge, oreo chocolates and what not. Chocolate Oreo overloaded cookies are my method of using oreo for the unique experience. I have used Ossoro’s cookie cream essence for the extra flavour and a touch of creaminess. I bet Oreo lovers would definitely love this recipe. So, let us get into the preparation.
Chocolate Oreo overloaded Cookies
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 135 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Cookie Creme Essence
- 1 pack Dairy Milk Silk Oreo Chocolate
- 1 pack Oreo Cookies
- Measure and whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric beater, beat butter till creamy.
- Add in castor sugar and beat till smooth.
- Beat in the Egg and Ossoro's Cookie Creme Essence.
- Break the oreo cookies and dairy milk silk and mix into the dough. Reserve some for top.
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for an hour or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and prepare a cookie tray with butter paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough with atleast 1" space between.
- Top it remaining oreo and chocolate.
- Bake it in oven for 10 - 12 min until the edges are golden brown.
- Let it cool completely in pan and store in air tight container up to 5 days in fridge.
Seems pretty easy right? So, go ahead and bake these delicious chocolate oreo overloaded cookies and drool on them!