Rich and Creamy Chocolate Panna cotta – Italian Dessert.
Panna cotta is made from sweetened cream that’s set using Gelatin. Cream may be flavored with Vanilla Bean, chocolate or coffee. It is usually served with chocolate, caramel or any fruit compote/berry sauce.
Gelatin thickens the cream to make it a smooth and creamy dessert. Sprinkle Gelatin over cold water to soften it. Then it should melted using hot cream/milk. To make it totally vegan, use agar agar instead of gelatin and coconut milk and cream instead of dairy.
These mini ready to serve Panna cotta can be made ahead and left in fridge for 3 days. It doesn’t need much decoration like other desserts. Just serve it with some fruits or nuts or just chocolate shavings.
And this Chocolate Panna cotta is favorite dessert for my friends. Once I made these for a get together in single serve glasses. They just loved the texture and richness of the dessert. Its an easy serve dessert after a heavy meal.
- Use whole milk to get rich flavor.
- Serve it with fresh fruits or caramel sauce or nuts.
- Sprinkle gelatin in a even manner, do not pile up the gelatin layers.
- You can check the Vanilla Panna cotta recipe here.
Chocolate Panna Cotta - Italian Dessert
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 150 g Dark and Milk Chocolate I added half milk and half dark
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 1/4 tsp Gelatin
- Sprinkle Gelatin in cold Milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pan, stir Cream and Sugar on heat. Let the sugar melt.
- Cream should be hot enough to melt Chocolate.
- Remove the cream from heat and add in to chocolate.
- Add in the Vanilla Extract.
- If the chocolate is not melted completely, put it on heat and stir till melted.
- Strain it using a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Set it in molds or glasses in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Serve it with nuts or chocolate shavings.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for fellow Bloggers doing this BM#94.