Holiday recipe collection – Star Bread 3 ways is so perfect!!
Well, it might seem like a lot of work, but trust me its worth it. You will definitely enjoy making this iconic Star Bread freshly at your home.
The sweet versions are so soft and sticky, the savory ones are best enjoyed with a cup of tea. For a sweet Star Bread you can use mixed fruit jam, marmalade or just some sugar and chocolate spread for the filling.
And for the savory one I have used a ready pesto mix, you can use mixed herbs and cheese as well!! It’s all your favorite way, you may add whatever you and your family enjoy the most.
This bake is just super fun and rewarding at the end, and if you wish to impress your guests on Christmas, well this stunning Star Bread is the one you better be baking.
Baking is love to me and I know for sure that baking feels therapeutic to most you out there, so just bake these Star breads for yourself and your family and let me know in the comments how it turned out.
If you are on Instagram, DM me at bakewithbittybakes. To get any update on my Food Styling and Photography Workshop, subscribe to my blog!!
Here are a few other recipes that you can make for Christmas:
- Christmas Plum Cookies
- Christmas Cake
- Panetonne – Italian Bread
- Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Cakes and Cookies
Star Bread 3 ways
- 460 g All Purpose flour/ maida
- 80 g Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 120 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 360 ml Warm Water
- 1 Egg (for wash, you may use milk instead)
- 2 tbsp oil (for brushing)
- 1/2 cup Mixed Fruit Jam
- 1/2 cup Nutella / Chocolate Spread
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- Activate yeast with luke warm water and sugar until frothy. If it didn't froth, yeast may be dead, so start with a fresh yeast.
- Mix the flour, butter and water to form a sticky dough.
- Add in activated yeast.
- Knead the dough for 5 mins by dusting some flour and rest for 1 hour until it doubles in size.
- Now divide the dough into 3 equal halves and each of them into 4 parts.
- Roll out the dough into a circular shape on a parchment paper.
- Spread the desired filling and make 4 layers. Add egg wash to each layer.
- I have done 3 different types of filling of pesto, mixed fruit jam and nutella with cinnamon powder.
- Make 16 slices by placing a circular cup in the center of the dough. (watch the video for more clarity)
- Now twist two of the slices twice in opposite direction to each other and pinch. So that it sticks together.
- Repeat this for all the slices and rest the dough for 30 mins.
- Pre heat the oven for 10-12 mins at 180 c.
- Cook until the edges are golden brown. Apply egg wash if desired to get a nice shine on the top.
Happy Baking and more Christmas recipes are on your way guys!!!