It’s December! It’s a month of desserts. So, I thought why not Christmas Mini Pie this time. Christmas is right around the corner and so is the New Year. We are all packed up for the longest trips of the year and the festivities. Be it in your celebrations or travel plans, mini pies comes in handy whenever you want to munch on something tasty. So, here we go!
December is a month where lot of guests keep visiting as it is the season of holiday. These Christmas mini pies are perfect to impress your guests and get some appreciation. It’s a comfort food that nobody can deny. Not too heavy and not too light for your tummy but is completely capable of satisfying your taste buds.
I have seen most of the bakers get confused about Tarts and Pies. What is the difference between tart and a pie? The only difference is that the tarts are shallow and the pies are covered on the top with filling in it. In fact, for a very long time tart was called shallow open pie and the definition is still used in England.
Christmas is a good time for the bakers to experiment new bakes. Cookies, Breads, pies, tarts are much needed to make the celebrations special. I would say your Christmas is incomplete without baking this cute Mini Christmas Pie. It has the delicious Christmas soak filling adding to the deliciousness. So here is the procedure to bake this.
Christmas Mini Pie
- 130 g (1 cup) All purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Cold Butter
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Minced Fruit Soak
- Mix salt, sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Mix in cold butter to flour.
- Rub it and make it crumbs.
- Slowly add in cold water 1 tbsp at time.
- Make a dough and refrigerate it for an hour.
- After an hour, roll it and use round cutters to bake in muffin cups. Use bigger round mold than the muffin size.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Brush the muffin tray with oil.
- Gently press the cut rounds in to muffin tray.
- Fill it with minced fruit filling.
- Top it with smaller cut dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until sides are golden brown.
- Once cooled, store in air tight container.
Was Mini Christmas Pie a good idea for your celebration month? Let me know how you liked it once you bake. I am sure you are going to drool over it for a long time.
You can check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019