I made these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies as a gift for my friends in apartment.
Chocolate Chip cookies are a traditional recipe, that has got a crazy world wide audience. I bet, it has audience of all ages!!
These are always special for kids. I don’t understand why kids are so much attracted towards these Chocolate Chip Cookies! Whenever I bake these, my son loves them so much.
Did you know?
Chocolate Chips were created in response to the Chocolate chip Cookie’s popularity. At first, chunks of chocolate were used. But the Popularity of this cookie, turned on the market for easy to use chocolate chips that was produced few years later.
There are a lot many recipes all over the internet for Chocolate Chip Cookies. And this one is adapted from handletheheat recipe blog.
Here in the recipe I used brown and white sugar. Brown Sugar makes the cookie chewy. I used Mini Chocolate Chips to fold into the batter and in addition I used larger ones to place on top. Similarly you can add any other chopped nuts on top.
Refrigerating the dough very important, since the flavors are enhanced during chilling process. Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours. Since this dough freezes well, you can freeze in air tight containers for up to a month.
Adding Chocolate Chips on top is totally optional. These cookies tend spread a lot, so leave out 2 inch space between each while baking.
You can check my other Christmas Bakes
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 50 g (1/4 cup) White Sugar
- 95 g (1/2 cup heaped) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Large Chocolate chips optional
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, soda.
- In another bowl, beat butter and both sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and egg. beat till mixed.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Beat till no lumps.
- Fold in the mini Chocolate Chips.
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare the cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Make 2 tbsp dough in to balls and arrange cookies in the tray with 2 inch space between each. Place the large chocolate chips on top of the each dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to color golden brown. Once baked, leave in tray for 10 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in air tight container for 5 days at room temperature.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon