There are a lot of posts that speak about churros, but I posted it again because I just can’t resist trying this classic churros with hot chocolate sauce. And forgot to tell you, my son stands by the side when I fry it and he asks for more and more. That’s a never ending fun with churros. So I also tried to make churro ice cream sandwich, churro ice cream cone and churro Ice cream cups.
Churros are also referred as Mexican Donuts. Usually they are deep fried and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Then served with various dips to enjoy. This is an easy and my all time favorite recipe for classic churros.
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown/Regular Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- Oil for Frying
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, mix Butter, Sugar, salt, and Water.
- Bring it boil and then simmer it.
- Add Flour and mix it well until it forms a ball and releases from the pan. Mix for a minute in simmer.
- Let it cool for 5 min.
- Add in Vanilla extract and 1 Egg at time. Mix it well using a wooden or silicon spatula before adding the next egg.
- Heat the Oil for deep frying. Place the cinnamon and sugar in a tray and mix it well.
- Pipe the Churros directly in to the oil or pipe it in a spatula and fry in oil.
- Collect it in a tissue paper to remove excess oil and then roll in the cinnamon sugar to perfectly coat it.
- And finally serve it with your favorite dipping sauce like hot chocolate, nutella, dulce de leche or caramel sauce.