Cookies are always a special treat during Christmas. So here is my Classic Decorated Sugar Cookies!!
Sugar Cookies are the easiest and best cookies that’s so simple to make. I am so glad I made these! No one can say no to these Cookies. Whole of my family loved these.
They are so good and I myself couldn’t control my taste buds. Its just asking for more and more. I said to myself that I need to reserve some to decorate and photograph it.
I baked two trays of cookies, but only one remained to decorate. Happy! I saved atleast those.
These are classic cookies that can be made for birthday giveaways, baby showers or any special celebrations. I have made these cookies long back for some birthday party.
Here is the fun part, Decorating!! There are many ways to decorate these cookies. Once I decorated it with sugar icing, but this time I tried Royal Icing.
Check my Other Recipes:
Classic Decorated Sugar Cookies
- 170 g (3/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 135 g (3/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 290 g (2 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For Decorating with Royal Icing:
- 1 Egg White
- 1 + 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Measure the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk it. Keep aside.
- Beat Butter till creamy for a minute.
- Add in Sugar and beat till fluffy for 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in Egg and vanilla extract. beat it for 2 minutes.
- Now mix the dry ingredients. Dough is ready and it will be slightly sticky.
- Roll the dough to 1/3" thick between two parchment paper and refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Using Cookie cutters, cut and place all the cookies in the tray.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 12-15 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
- Leave it on the tray for 10 minutes and place it on the cooling rack til it comes to room temperature.
- Once cooled, store it in air tight container. It will stay good in fridge for a week.
For Decorating Cookies:
- Separate the egg Whites carefully without any yolk.
- Add lemon juice and beat till mixed.
- Add in sugar and mix slowly till smooth.
- Consistency can vary according to your preference. Add 1 tsp of water if too thick or 1 tbsp icing sugar if too liquid.
- Cover the icing with cling wrap or store in air tight container until use, because it hardens when exposed to air. It will stay good up to 2 days in fridge.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon