Cookies are always a special treat during Christmas. So here is my Classic Decorated Sugar Cookies!!
Sugar Cookies are the easiest and best cookies that’s so simple to make. I am so glad I made these! No one can say no to these Cookies. Whole of my family loved these.
They are so good and I myself couldn’t control my taste buds. Its just asking for more and more. I said to myself that I need to reserve some to decorate and photograph it.
I baked two trays of cookies, but only one remained to decorate. Happy! I saved atleast those.
These are classic cookies that can be made for birthday giveaways, baby showers or any special celebrations. I have made these cookies long back for some birthday party.
Here is the fun part, Decorating!! There are many ways to decorate these cookies. Once I decorated it with sugar icing, but this time I tried Royal Icing.
Check my Other Recipes:
Tag me if you try this recipe in Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes.
Classic Decorated Sugar Cookies
- 170 g (3/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 135 g (3/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 290 g (2 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For Decorating with Royal Icing:
- 1 Egg White
- 1 + 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Measure the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk it. Keep aside.
- Beat Butter till creamy for a minute.
- Add in Sugar and beat till fluffy for 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in Egg and vanilla extract. beat it for 2 minutes.
- Now mix the dry ingredients. Dough is ready and it will be slightly sticky.
- Roll the dough to 1/3" thick between two parchment paper and refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Using Cookie cutters, cut and place all the cookies in the tray.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 12-15 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
- Leave it on the tray for 10 minutes and place it on the cooling rack til it comes to room temperature.
- Once cooled, store it in air tight container. It will stay good in fridge for a week.
For Decorating Cookies:
- Separate the egg Whites carefully without any yolk.
- Add lemon juice and beat till mixed.
- Add in sugar and mix slowly till smooth.
- Consistency can vary according to your preference. Add 1 tsp of water if too thick or 1 tbsp icing sugar if too liquid.
- Cover the icing with cling wrap or store in air tight container until use, because it hardens when exposed to air. It will stay good up to 2 days in fridge.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon
19 thoughts on “Classic Decorated Sugar Cookies”
So adorable and catchy sugar cookies there. Looks absolutely wonderful and i will hesitate a second to have them as they looks damn pretty. Beautifully decorated cookeis.
Wow ! So so pretty ! I have always wanted to make these but royal icing is what requires egg and that’s what the hitch is .
Absolutely amazing cookies , perfect for the season .
These cookies are so pretty. Love the decoration so much. They would make amazing gifts..
Awww… don’t those cookies look really pretty with the royal icing!
Such pretty looking cookies. Those look so beautifully decorated and so perfect for the holiday season. Good one.
Pretty cookies,one of the easy to make cookie.
The patterns looks so pretty and cute on that.. It makes me feel Christmas already..
The cookies look very pretty and festive.
Such festival looking cookies, the decoration have turned out great!
great basic holiday cookies and you decorated them so nicely!
Beautiful cookies so apt for gifting or on the cookie platter for dessert table setting the perfect festive mood!!
I remember baking these few years back. Looks so beautiful. Party pleaser
aww such cute looking cookies, love the decoration, so festive!!! Perfect as a gift idea for this holiday season!
The decorated cookies look lovely and these are perfect for the season.
I did not feel like scrolling after the first pic. You have done the icing so well. Cookies look yum and loved your explanation.
Wow, these sugar cookies look so cute and yum yum with nice icing.
Wow! the cookies look so beautiful with that red and white icing on the top.
Comments are closed.