This Classic Italian Tiramisu without Alcohol is just out the world!
Coffee Flavored Italian dessert, made from layers of Ladyfinger biscuits and mascarpone cheese. They are one of the decadent desserts.
My first experience was 2 years back, when I saw this square layer cake standing there near a droolicious blackforest cake. I was about to take blackforest, but my hands grabbed Tiramisu. Then I had my first bite and said hmmm 😉 its full of coffee and cocoa like a mocha, but coffee flavor is deep!
I have to try my hands on this long back. But my to-list was so long as you know! These days I am not bookmarking recipes, instead I just write down the recipes in a note book. Later the week, I just tweak it here and there and enjoy making it. You try to follow this, so you not bookmark and forget about that recipe!
Now getting back to the recipe, I made my own Lady finger biscuits. Since its not available everywhere. You can always use store bought ones too.
This is not alcoholic, since I used OSSORO’s Cognac Brandy Essence instead. They also have Tiramisu Essence itself, but I loved using cognac! Read the recipe to know how I incorporated cognac in this recipe.
If you try this classic Italian Tiramisu without alcohol, do tag me in Instagram or Facebook! You can follow me in Instagram @bakewithbittybakes.
Sign up here to get informed for every post!! There are upcoming interesting Events, so do sign up to know more details!!
Classic Italian Tiramisu
- 20 Ladyfinger Biscuits
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup light Black Coffee alternatively use Marsala Wine or Brandy
- 1/4 tsp Ossoro's Cognac Brandy Essence
- 225 g Mascarpone Cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Strong Black Coffee
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Cognac Brandy Essence
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- In a bowl, mix granulated sugar, yolks and black coffee or wine if using.
- Place it in a double boiler on low flame and start whisking it continously.
- Whisk till light and pale color.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Ossoro's cognac brandy Essence.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- In the mean while, in another bowl beat in heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Whisk in the mascarpone cheese to egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream to mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, Mix Coffee, sugar and cognac brandy Essence.
Arranging the Tiramisu:
- Get ready with the tray or any plate to set the Tiramisu.
- Soak the Ladyfinger biscuit one by one in the soaking syrup. (it will soak very fast, so do it just for a second)
- Arrange the soaked biscuit in the tray. Repeat it until you complete a layer.
- Spread the cream layer on top evenly.
- Again arrange the soaked biscuit layer and top it with cream.
- Finally dust it with Cocoa Powder.
- Let it rest in fringe for overnight, so that it will infuse lot more flavor.
- Enjoy it next day!