What was the first thing that came to your mind when you read the title ‘Coconut Cake with Mango Curd?’ Did you feel what a weird combo? I get it. It’s totally legit to feel that. You find it weird because you are yet to try it. This simple coconut cake recipe is a pure bliss. Let’s take a look!
Coconut Cake with Mango Curd
Coconut lovers in the house, raise your hands! Being a south Indian, I am accustomed to use coconut in almost all the recipes. The coconut flavor gives a unique taste and the drool worthy smell is my favorite part. I know certain people cannot put up with the smell of coconut or with the taste. Everyone do not have the same taste buds. I feel blessed to be able to enjoy the taste of it and create unique recipes. I’ve worked as a recipe developer with various brands, take a look here!
Let’s come to the second part of Coconut Cake with Mango Curd. I’m talking about Mango Curd There is no one who doesn’t love the King of Fruits – Mango. My love for mango is never ending. Here are many more mango recipes that I have created. Add mango to anything to enhance the taste in no time.
Moist Mango Coconut Cake
Me and my childhood friend met after a long time. We moved to different cities after we got married. Thanks to the pandemic for bringing me home. Thankfully my friend came to my hometown too. She is a lover of Coconut and Mango. After many years, we were celebrating her birthday together. I wanted to make her birthday extra special by baking something incredibly scrumptious with her favorite coconut and mango. Coconut Cake with Mango Curd was my solution.
Creamy, flavorful, delicious, perfect cake was all set to surprise her. She loved it. If you’re someone who goes gaga over coconut or mango, this recipe is made for you. Bake this for your family and friends who love these flavors and make them love you more. Take a look at the procedure of baking this beauty. May this moist mango Coconut Cake recipe make your life beautiful!
Have a look at other Coconut Cake recipes:
Coconut Cake with Mango Curd
- 195 g (1 +1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 medium Mango
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Flavor
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
To make Mango curd:
- In a pan, add mango puree, milk, cornflour, lime juice and salt.
- Cook it for 5-8 minutes, until its thick according to the required consistency.
- Once cooked remove from heat, add in butter and mix till melted.
- Once cooled, reserve it until use.
To make Coconut Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a 7" round pan by applying butter and parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and desiccated coconut.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in eggs and beat till mixed.
- Mix in vanilla and coconut extract.
- Fold in dry ingredients and mix till no lumps.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Cut it through the middle to apply cream.
To make Cream Cheese frosting:
- Using an electric beater, beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add in butter and beat till creamy.
- Add in extract and mix.
- Fold in icing sugar and then beat it till completely mixed.
- Refrigerate it till use.
Assembling the cake:
- Place the frosting in a piping bag.
- Place a layer of cake and pipe some frosting in the edge, so that the mango curd doesn't come out.
- Add in mango curd in the middle.
- Add another cake layer.
- Top it with the frosting and spread it using a spatula.
- Using a small spatula, make swirls on the frosting.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Enjoy with friends and family!