Oven is not in every home and you would like to bake a Cake. Here is a solution to bake in Cooker. Pressure Cooker Cake can as spongy as in oven. I have a perfect Sponge Cake recipe to make in cooker.
The same texture and softness can be achieved as you get in the oven by following correct recipe with some tips.
Imagine how a Cake bakes in Oven. We have 2 set of rods(up and down) that conduct heat inside the oven and cook the cake. We are placing the cake pan in the middle to get it cooked evenly.
In the same manner we are making our Pressure Cooker as Oven. We will need the following:
- An Old Pressure Cooker without whistle and gasket.
- Stainless Steel Stand that holds heat like similar one in the pic.
- A Pan that Cake is gonna cook in.
- Sponge Cake Batter.
I baked Funfetti Butter Cake. You can make this as normal sponge Cake without adding sprinkles. But I like making it colorful.
Here is a few list of other cakes that you can bake in cooker, you can find some healthy option also:
These Cakes can be baked in cooker, just check the right size baking pan for your cooker.
Funfetti Sponge Cake
- 155(1 1/4 cup) g Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100 g Butter
- 180 g Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 140 ml Milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar or Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Multi Color Sprinkles
- Preheat the cooker on stove top at medium flame for 10 min. Put the lid without whistle and Gasket.
- Line a 7" Pan with butter or oil and place the parchment paper.
- Measure the Flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Separate the egg white and yolk. Beat the Egg white till soft peaks and reserve.
- Now measure the butter, beat using electric beater till pale color.
- Add Sugar beat till creamy. Add in the yolk and vanilla extract. Beat till incorporated.
- Add the flour mix and milk alternatively starting and ending with flour.
- Now add in the beaten egg whites and fold gently. Don't over mix it.
- Finally mix vinegar and soda in a separate bowl and fold in the batter with sprinkles. (in the image you can still see some specs of egg whites. To avoid over mixing, i folded in the sprinkles also.)
- Pour in pan bake it till golden brown top, for about 30-40 min in cooker or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
1 thought on “Cooker Cake”
Comments are closed.