It’s been a while since we baked some colorful, eye-catching snacks that kids go gaga over. So, here is the Cotton Candy Whoopie Pie recipe to make your day colorful. Every baker has a dream of expertise in making various types of cookies. If you are one of them, you are going to have a lot of fun baking this. This recipe will add more of a good experience to your culinary experiments!
Does your kid have sweet tooth just like you? Does your kid keep bugging you to feed him/her something sweet more often? Well, here is your answer. Cotton Candy Whoopie Pie is the answer. Just in case you don’t know what Whoopie Pie is, it’s a sandwich made with different fillings just like how I have used cotton candy for this recipe. The most common and authentic one has chocolate filling. Whoopie Pie was originated in Pennsylvania. It is very common to find whoopie pies in the lunch boxes of children in that part of country. It would make kids really happy!
Here is list of Cookies that you might like:
- Chocolate Brookies
- Linzer Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Eggless Oreo Chocolate Cookies
- Oreo Overloaded Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
These cotton candy whoopie pies not only serve as great desserts and snacks, they are such adorable options to gift someone special. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. If you have a partner who loves sweets, you can gift these chunks of cuteness and get brownie points to make the day special.
I have used Ossoro’s Cotton candy Flavor for this recipe of Cotton Candy Whoopie Pie recipe. If you regularly read my blogs, you know that I am a regular user of Ossoro flavors. By this time you might have already started using it too. How is your experience with Ossoro flavors? Let me know in the comments below. Shall we get into the procedure now?
Cotton Candy Whoopie Pie
- 60 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 80 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Cotton Candy Flavor
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a baking tray with butter paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt and reserve.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter till smooth.
- Beat in Sugar till combined.
- Add in Egg and beat well.
- Add in Ossoro's Cotton Candy Flavor.
- Fold in dry ingredients and milk alternatively.
- Add in Sprinkles and mix.
- Scoop out the dough using a cookie scoop and place in the baking tray with 2" gap.
- Top it with more sprinkles if you wish.
- Bake for 10-15 min until the edges are slightly brown.
- Let it cool completely.
- Sandwich with the buttercream and serve.
I hope you had fun baking this load of cuteness. Eat right and be bright. Happy baking!