This Death by Chocolate Cake is just indulgent enough to tickle your taste buds.
It’s been many days since I baked anything with just Chocolate!. I wanted to try my hand at other flavors for my not-so chocolate lover fans out there.
I am a bit of a chocoholic and eating something sinfully chocolatey is one of my guilty pleasures. So, I make sure that whatever I bake whether it is cake or brownie or lava cakes or anything one of it will only be with just chocolate,as my craving for Chocolate never stops ;).
Check out my other Chocolate Recipes:
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Panna cotta
- Avocado Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Healthy Brownies
Hence, I made some time to make this luscious Death by Chocolate Cake. This Cake is super soft in texture and so satisfying. The addition of buttermilk is the secret to make this cake soft. And, strong coffee just enriches the chocolate flavor!. This is yet another easy cake that just needs whisking of dry and wet ingredients. To make it more Chocolatey, I have topped it with silky Ganache. You can check How to make Ganache here.
Death by Chocolate Cake
- 160 g (1 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 135 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 40 g (1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 40 g (1/2 + 1/8 cup) Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Strong Black Coffee (Let it cool completely)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Ganache (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a 7" round pan by applying oil/butter to the bottom and sides of the pan. Place a round parchment paper.
- Measure the dry ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- Measure wet ingredients in another bowl and give it a whisk.
- Mix the dry ingredients to wet.
- Using a whisk, mix well.
- Pour it to prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, you can top it with ganache and serve!