During this quarantine period, I hope everyone are staying home and safe. Here I am with yet another stove top bake – Easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe.
Being everyone indoors, I know you must be lack of snack items and with this global situation, we are not interested to buy food from outside. Whatever matters is being safe, so I have a few recipes coming up with very less ingredients. “Since I am staying at my hometown, I don’t have a oven!” I hear this a lot, including from me too!
I am making this recipe on stove top using a deep kadai layered with salt and a stand that can hold heat, closing the top with a lid that fits properly. This set up is a kind of oven that I am using to bake these cookies and even more recipes coming up at this quarantine period.
These Chocolate chunk cookies is a healthy way to treat everyone at home. I have used Whole wheat flour to bake these.
Tips to replace:
- Replace wheat with all purpose flour/maida in same quantity.
- Brown sugar with same quantity white sugar.
- Chocolate chunks with chocolate chips or just avoid if you like it to keep plain!
- To make it eggless, just replace 1 egg with 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- If you have an oven, you can definitely bake in it.
- You can bake it any flat base cookware, any ever silverware that has a flat base.
- You can make as one big cookie, small cookies, or based on the pan you have.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies without any oven or any beater. Its an easy and utterly delicious recipe with very few ingredients.
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Salted Butter
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 g (1 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chunks
Whisk Butter till creamy ( you can use electric beater if you have)
Add Sugars and beat till creamy and add in Vanilla.
Add egg and mix well.
Add in Wheat flour, baking soda and chocolate chunks. Mix well.
Preheat a deep pan (layer it with salt, stand and a lid to cover the pan)
Prepare a flat base tin with butter paper. Preheat the stove top setup for 10 minutes.
Scoop the dough and make balls, flatten it just a little in the prepared tins.
Top it with more chocolate chunks.
Bake for 12-15 min, until the sides are golden brown. (if you are making big cookies, it needs around 20 minutes to cook)
Let it cool completely before removing from the pan.