During this quarantine period, I hope everyone are staying home and safe. Here I am with yet another stove top bake – Easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe.
Being everyone indoors, I know you must be lack of snack items and with this global situation, we are not interested to buy food from outside. Whatever matters is being safe, so I have a few recipes coming up with very less ingredients. “Since I am staying at my hometown, I don’t have a oven!” I hear this a lot, including from me too!
I am making this recipe on stove top using a deep kadai layered with salt and a stand that can hold heat, closing the top with a lid that fits properly. This set up is a kind of oven that I am using to bake these cookies and even more recipes coming up at this quarantine period.
These Chocolate chunk cookies is a healthy way to treat everyone at home. I have used Whole wheat flour to bake these.
Tips to replace:
- Replace wheat with all purpose flour/maida in same quantity.
- Brown sugar with same quantity white sugar.
- Chocolate chunks with chocolate chips or just avoid if you like it to keep plain!
- To make it eggless, just replace 1 egg with 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- If you have an oven, you can definitely bake in it.
- You can bake it any flat base cookware, any ever silverware that has a flat base.
- You can make as one big cookie, small cookies, or based on the pan you have.
Easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Salted Butter
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 g (1 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chunks
- Whisk Butter till creamy ( you can use electric beater if you have)
- Add Sugars and beat till creamy and add in Vanilla.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add in Wheat flour, baking soda and chocolate chunks. Mix well.
- Preheat a deep pan (layer it with salt, stand and a lid to cover the pan)
- Prepare a flat base tin with butter paper. Preheat the stove top setup for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the dough and make balls, flatten it just a little in the prepared tins.
- Top it with more chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 12-15 min, until the sides are golden brown. (if you are making big cookies, it needs around 20 minutes to cook)
- Let it cool completely before removing from the pan.