I always love the upside down cakes, especially when using pineapple. So excited to share this Easy Eggless Pineapple Cake recipe with you all.
Since I don’t have enough eggless cakes in my blog, I made this eggless pineapple cake for “Bakeathon” Challenge. Check below to know what it is all about.
You can use either canned pineapple slices or home cut slices. When using the canned slices, strain those and squeeze a bit to remove excess water. Don’t skip this step, because it may make the cake soggy.
The lovely arrangement of pineapple slices makes me so happy, especially because there is no more decoration needed;) So work saved. You can serve it right away.
- Canned or home cut slices can be used.
- If using canned, strain and squeeze the slices before using.
- You can use homemade thick curd. For thick curd, strain the curd in a muslin cloth for atleast 2 hours.
I have a Wheat Pineapple Cake with Egg Recipe in my blog. You can check the recipe here.
Easy Eggless Pineapple Cake
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Thick Curd
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For arranging Pineapple:
- 5 Pineapple Slices
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 20 min. Prepare 8" round Pan with butter paper.
- Place the strained pineapple slices in the pan, spread the butter and brown sugar. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk in the oil and sugar till mixed.
- Add in the yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix till creamy.
- Add in Flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt. Give it a mix.
- Mix in the Milk till no lumps.
- Pour the batter slowly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 min. Until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon