Mango! Mango is not a name, it is an emotion. Anything made with mango is delicious. So is Easy Mango Roll cake. Have you ever been in a situation where the mango season is right here and you want to make the most out of it? Well, I have totally been there and done that.
When I was looking for what all kinds of desserts can be made out of mango, mango roll cake came as a boon for me. Remember those good old childhood days when we used to try to steal mangoes from various houses who planted mango tree? The love for mango started there and it is never ending.
Oh, how about the love for roll cakes? Our childhood was filled with 1 rupee chocolates and snacks. Agree? And, a little expensive one was this roll cake which was of 2 or 3 rupees. The respect for roll cake grew from there and I used to collect and save 3 rupees straight to buy this roll cake. The kind they rolled it looked very interesting. So, now I am combining both my loved ones mango and roll cake and making this mouth-watering Mango Roll cake. As well as I wish to send these to Srivalli’s Kids Delight Event!
Check my other Kids Delight Event – Birthday Party Treats below:
- Almond Sprinkle biscotti
- Hazelnut Mousse
- Black Forest Brownie Parfaits
- Mini Plum Pies
- Vegan Mango Sago Pudding
The best part of roll cake is that it does not feel heavy on tummy and you can never get enough of it. You taste one and always you crave for more. Be it evening snacks or be it served with coffee/tea, roll cakes are the best. Come, take a look on how to make Mango Roll cake.
Mango Roll Cake
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 200 g (1 + 1/4 cup) Powder sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Magic Mango Extract
- 1/3 cup Mango puree
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup Mango Cubes
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a rectangle tray (12*9") with butter paper.
- In a bowl, measure flour, baking pow and corn flour.
- In another bowl, Beat Eggs and Sugar for 8-10 min until its light and pale in color.
- Add puree and extract. Beat till mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Pour it in prepared pan and level it using a spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 min in oven for 200 c.
- Meanwhile get ready with a damn cloth and butter paper slightly bigger than the baking tin.
- As soon as the cake is done, when its still hot run a sharp knife through the edges on all sides.
- Turn it on to the butter paper and tap to get the cake out of the tin. Remove the butter paper.
- If the edges of the cake is hard to touch, you can trim 1/2 inch on all sides.
- Now roll it with the help of damn cloth. Rolling should be done when its still hot. If using jam, you can heat the jam a bit and spread it before rolling.
- If using cream, roll it first and let it cool completely before applying cream.
- Once cake is cooled, apply the whipped cream and add mangoes. Roll it
again and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes before cutting.
I know you absolutely loved the process and already looking forward to make it. Then what are you waiting for? Hit the kitchen and get some tasty aroma coming out of it. Do let me know how did your family and friends like it. Will see you again with some scrumptious bakes!