This Easy Vanilla Sheet Cake is so out of the world!!!
In the real world, a vanilla cake is the cake base for any cake. With the addition of various other flavor ingredients, we enhance it!. But, just the vanilla cake has an egg taste to it, which I am not a fan of, it’s Boring!. That might the reason as to why I just have only this Classic Vanilla Pound Cake in my blog with vanilla flavor.
So, I decided to make a vanilla cake. When I was wondering how to take this cake to the next level, I found this Ossoro’s Vanilla Butter Extract. Want to know what’s so special about it?. The addition of this, made my cake so scented with vanilla that, I couldn’t smell the eggs added to it. A great workaround right!. And, guess what, it is oil soluble so, it can be used while making chocolates or ganaches or anything for that matter.
In addition, I topped this sheet cake with a layer of whipped cream and strawberry compote which was a major flavor bomb!. Now that we have made sure this boring cake is interesting, what are we waiting for, let’s get baking!.
Easy Vanilla Sheet Cake
For the Sheet Cake:
- 160 g (1 +1/4cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Ossoro Vanilla Butter Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 + 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Vanilla Butter
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Compote
To make Sheet Cake:
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a sheet cake tray with oil and parchment paper.
- Measure maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Give it a whisk.
- Mix Milk and vinegar, let it sit for 5 min.
- Beat Oil and Sugar till blended using a whisk.
- Add in Egg one at a time and mix well.
- Add in the measured dry ingredients with milk alternatively in two additions, starting and ending with flour.
- Pour it in the prepared pan, Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely, before applying cream.
To make Whipped Cream:
- Using an electric beater, beat whipped cream till frothy.
- Add in Essence and Icing Sugar.
- Beat till stiff peaks for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once cake is cooled, cut it in the middle, so you can make it as two layers.
- Apply Whipped Cream and strawberry compote to one layer.
- Top it with another layer of cake.
- Apply cream to it and some compote again.
- Serve it right away or keep it in fridge until serving.