Cupcakes are never out of style. It can get more cute everyday and you will never get bored of cupcakes. This Eggless Orange Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting is a perfect dessert after a heavy meal or just to eat it like a meal.
Eggless Orange Cupcake with Buttercream frosting
One dessert that my son never misses asking on his every birthday is Orange cupcakes. He loves cupcakes and he slightly loves this a little more. We usually invite our friends and relatives to celebrate his birthday and all of them love it. It’s a great happiness to see them all love it.
There are tons of cupcakes flavors and each one of us have favorite flavors. What makes this recipe unique? Eggless Orange cupcake with buttercream frosting is a must try if you are a cupcake lover. The orange zest and orange juice added in this cupcake gives a tinge of tanginess and that makes it stand out. This gorgeous little piece of heaven is all you need to make your day. Who can say no to moist, fluffy cupcakes infused with zesty, tangy orange juice and the delicious buttercream frosting piled on it?
I baked this deliciousness and the aroma in kitchen turned heavenly. Bake some extra ones, I am sure your neighbors would come and ask ‘What’s cooking’. Kids tend to get bored easily with the taste of anything. Cupcakes are not an exception. To make the cupcakes interesting, you can change the frosting to other flavors as per your taste. To be specific as per what your kid would like. Here’s me presenting you my son’s favorite Eggless Orange Cupcake with Buttercream frosting. Hope you like it and everyone in your family likes it. Try it out at home and let me know in the comments below how it was. Happy Baking!
Have a look at other Cupcake recipes:
Eggless Orange Cupcake with Butter cream frosting
- 195 g (1 +1/2 cup) All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 drop Orange Color (optional)
For Butter cream frosting:
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 + 1/2 cup Powdered /Icing Sugar
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 small drop Orange color
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add yogurt and sugar. Whisk till creamy.
- Add in oil and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup orange juice and zest. Mix it till combined.
- Mix flour in two additions with 1/4 cup orange juice.
- If using color, add it to milk and mix.
- Add the colored milk to the batter.
- Pour it in cupcake liners till 3/4 th cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
To make frosting:
- Using an electric beater, beat butter till creamy.
- Sift in powdered/icing sugar and fold in gently.
- Then beat it with the beater till mixed.
- Add in orange juice, zest and color if using.
- Beat till mixed, if its too thick add 1 more tbsp of orange juice at a time.
- Pipe it on the cupcakes and serve!