Eggless Rasmalai Cake | Eggless Cake
Rasmalai is a traditional Indian Sweet that’s made from the Cottage cheese/ Paneer. This sweet is served with a thick milk that’s boiled with saffron, cardamom and sugar. Topped with lot of pistachio’s and almonds. You can use homemade rasmalai, check the recipe from hebbarskitchen.
Now that Rasmalai Cake is getting familiar to everyone. Regular rasmalai cake is made with layers of vanilla cake soaked in saffron milk and chunks of rasmalai, filled and frosted with whipped cream. Here I made saffron, cardamom and Pistachio Cake to make it rich Rasmalai Cake.
Aroma of cardamom and saffron filled my home with joy. For Soaking eggless rasmalai cake, add in the rasmalai milk or make the sugar syrup with some saffron and rose petals.
Enjoy this cake as it is or to make it more tasty fill and frost it with whipped cream. Also do check out Rasmalai Cake with Egg.
Eggless Rasmalai Cake
For Cake Base:
- 60 g All Purpose flour/ maida
- 70 g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 120 ml Yogurt/ Curd
- 60 ml Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 or more tsp Saffron
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 20 g Crushed Pistachio about 20 pistachio
For Soaking Syrup:
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals fresh or dried
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 c Whipped Cream
- 5 Pc Rasmalai
- 10 Pistachio
For Cake Base:
- Preheat oven to 200 c for 10 min.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, boil milk and saffron for 3 min. Let it rest for 10 min.
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients except sugar.
- Measure and mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add Sugar and saffron milk to wet ingredients and mix till it dissolves.
- Add dry ingredients and mix till no lumps.
- Bake it in a 6" pan for 25-35 min or till golden top.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Boil all the ingredients and let it cool.
- Slice the cake and soak with sugar syrup.
- Fill each layer with whipped cream and chunks of rasmalai and pistachio.
- Frost the cake with whipped cream and top it with rasmalai if desired.