Karachi Bakery fans in the house, raise your hands! I guess most of us are. You already read the title and today I’m happy to share the Eggless Rich Karachi Cake Rusk recipe with you all. This recipe is one of a kind. Do not miss baking this.
Anyone who visits Hyderabad and does not get Karachi biscuits do not love you. Oh wait, Karachi is in Hyderabad? No. Karachi is the largest city in Pakistan. A Sindh migrant Sri Khanchand Ramnani ji founded Karachi Bakery in Hyderabad in 1953. The biscuits here taste very similar to that of Pakistan’s Karachi. People loved their biscuits since then and now it is world famous for its amazing taste and flavor. I am baking this Rich Karachi Cake Rusk today using the same flavor.
How this Rich Karachi Cake Rusk turned!
I’m a fan of Karachi biscuits just like you all. At the same time, I’m a fan of cakes and rusks too. I have mixed all this and tweaked the recipe to Rich Karachi Cake Rusk to satisfy cake cravings, rusk cravings and karachi biscuit flavor cravings. This recipe is completely eggless. If you are looking for an eggless cake recipe, this one is the best.
I know what your next question is. How do I get the flavor? Do I have to outsource it from Pakistan? Absolutely not. Ossoro has made our life easier by their unique and exclusive flavours. I have used Ossoro’s Karachi biscuit flavor and it gave the perfect flavour that I was looking for. The wholesome blend of nuts, natural fruits and extracts goes into this flavour to make it perfect. Their range of products are always beyond expectation. Shall we see how to make this amazing Rich Karachi Cake Rusk?
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me in here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
You might like these recipes:
Rich Karachi Cake Rusk
- 150 g (1 cup + 2 tbsp) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 tbsp Custard Powder
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) Castor Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Karachi Biscuit Flavor
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Milk add 2 tbsp more if needed
- 3 tbsp Chopped Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a square cake tray by applying butter and parchment paper.
- Whisk in flour, custard powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in curd and mix well.
- Mix in Ossoro's Karachi Biscuit Flavor.
- Fold in dry and mix well.
- Add milk as needed, batter should be in thick flowing consistency.
- Pour it in the prepared tray, top it with nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 C until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice it as required probably in a rusk shape.
- Arrange it in a cookie tray.
- Bake it for 10 minutes and turn it and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Enjoy with Tea.
I’m sure you are going to love every bite of it and it is going to be your new Tea time companion. Cheers to that!