This Eggless whole Millet Healthy cookie is so scrumptious!
New food catches our eye everyday and most of which are junk foods. But these junk foods are the underlying causes of various diseases so avoiding junk and eating healthy has never been so imperative. The only way we can overcome the cravings to junk foods is to replace it with an healthy option. So, I give you this an healthy alternative to cookies.
How is it healthy?
This cookie is made with wheat flour instead of maida and there is an added benefit of millets (I used homemade kodo millet flour, you can use any other millet flours too) which have so many benefits and one of which is that it helps in keeping your body cool which maybe what you need for summer. To top all these the sugar is replaced with brown sugar which gives you the sweetness that you urge for without it harming your body.
So in short, this cookie is made with natural items and not with processed ingredients. You can be very creative with this cookie with add-ons like dry fruits, cocoa powder, chocolate chips or matcha powder.
Here are my other Millet Recipes:
This is a great and an healthy snack for kids and a great tea time snack for adults. This is my most requested recipe, I used to bake and sell these in my apartment and it was an absolute winner!. Think I am exaggerating? Try it and see for yourself!.
Follow me in Instagram @bakewithbittybakes.
Eggless Whole Millet Healthy Cookies
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet Flour (Varagu Rice)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar/ Naatu Sakkarai
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Ghee / Clarified Butter (more if needed)
- 1/3 cup Chopped Nuts
- Mix Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Give it a mix.
- In another bowl, add sugar and melted ghee. Whisk it well.
- Add in flour and mix it.
- If its too dry, add 2 tbsp ghee at a time.
- Add in chopped nuts and mix it.
- Place it in cling wrap and form a disc shape.
- Refrigerate for atleast an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a Cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough to 1/3" thickness.
- Either use a knife or any cookie cutter to make it to small squares.
- Place these squares in the cookie tray.
- Bake it for 12-15 minutes, until the edges start to color.
- Let it rest in the cookie tray for atleast 10 minutes. At this stage it will be very soft. Once cooled completely, it will become crunchy.