The much awaited Christmas has finally arrived. I would like to say that this is the season of cookies. Especially Christmas Gingerbread cookie house is trending. So, I thought why not share my bit of knowledge with you guys.
This Christmas Gingerbread cookie house is not only yummy to eat but also adds aesthetic look to all your Christmas bakes. It stands out among all the cookies this Christmas. Well, who will not like snow covered house right? December is the season of travel. If you have missed out to travel this year, worry not. Because, gingerbread cookie house gives those vibes.
I have been scrolling social media and almost all the bakers have tried Christmas Gingerbread cookie house in their own way. I understood that this bake also enhances the creativity. This is recipe is something that you can bake every year during Christmas and still not be bored about it. Because, every time you can design it differently. Initially to start with you can design it in a simple way with a door, roof, walls and windows and build it to a beautiful looking castle.
Check out my other Christmas Bakes:
If you have kids at home, this recipe is going to be more fun. You can ask the kids to do icing and they are going to love it. They can play around designing and they would definitely be proud of what they have made. That is how Christmas is right? Play along and create something unique and creative which is also tasty! I am sure you would be waiting for the recipe. So, without further delay let’s dive into the procedure.
If you bake any of my recipes, do tag me #bakewithbittybakes on Instagram and Facebook.
Christmas Gingerbread Cookie House
- 115 g (1/2 cup) Butter
- 160 g (1 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 350 g (2 + 3/4 cup) All purpose Flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut the template for house .
- Whisk flour, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, baking soda, salt.
- Whisk Butter and sugar till mixed.
- Add in flour mix.
- Mix in 1/4 cup boiling water. If needed, add more.
- Make a dough. Cling wrap it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, roll it and cut the shapes using template.
- Place it in the baking tray and bake for 15-20 min until the edges are golden brown. Bake at 180 C.
- Once baked, let it cool completely to make it stand.
- If you are making design on the walls and roof.
- Make it using Royal icing. Let it dry for a day.Put it together using Royal Icing. Give some supports from inside.
- After it sets, you can do the snow decoration.
Have fun this December baking this Christmas Gingerbread cookie house. I am sure you, your family and friends would love it and makes you feel that Christmas is more joyful with this.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
3 thoughts on “Gingerbread Cookie House”
Such a pretty looking gingerbread house! I would love to bake this recipe as cookies, they would taste really delicious…
Such a cute gingerbread house. One of the things I miss making these with the kids. They are grown up now..
Wow this is a stunning house! very nicely done. Though these get me interested, I know I can never bake this as my kids don’t eat anything other than chocolate..
Comments are closed.