Gluten free Zucchini Patties are so tasty as a appetizer or as a dinner option for a filling stomach. In India, they call it as cutlet, that’s mainly binded with mashed potato and cornflour or maida. These Cutlets are served in all street side shops and bakeries with tomato ketchup.
I made these Zucchini Patties or Cutlet gluten free to make it perfect for low carb foodies. Zucchini is like cucumber but a bit harder inside. It oozes a lot of moisture when grated. When there is of water while making patties, then it won’t bind together. It may split while frying or baking.
Here is a perfect way to get most moisture out of it. Add a tsp or more of salt to the grated Zucchini and let it sit for 10 min at least to bring out all moisture in it. Then place grated zucchini in a muslin cloth and strain it by squeezing. Then add all other spices to it and mix through.
Check here my other low carb recipes:
Gluten free Zucchini Patties
- 1 Zucchini/ English cucumber
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 C Chopped Onion
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Almond flour/ meal
- 1/4 C Butter/ Coconut Oil
- Grate the Zucchini, add salt and let it sit for at least 10 min. This process is so important, since it will release the excess moisture.
- Strain it in a muslin cloth till it looks dry.
- Add all other ingredients with zucchini except almond flour.
- Mix well and make patties. Roll it with almond flour.
- Shallow fry the patties with coconut oil or butter.
- If the patties didn't combine, add almond flour and mix.
- If you prefer eggless, try adding 2 tbsp of cheese instead of egg.