You would have drowned into sweet imagination after reading the title ‘Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse’. Yes! Crunchy and creamy is the best combination ever that makes this dessert rich and palatable. Whenever we talk about desserts usually the first thing that pops up in our mind is chocolate cake or brownie. But, I am pretty sure that this mousse is the first thing that comes into your mind after reading this recipe.
Once in a while we do kitty parties at home and sometimes at cafes. Since we are all foodies, we wanted to hog a lot next time we all met. So, we ditched the plan of formal kitty party routine and started hunting for best buffet places. The main reason why I choose buffet is because we get a lot of options for desserts. I usually have starters and then directly jump into desserts by skipping main course. I guess most of them do the same. And, there the chocolate mousse was included in the dessert list. Then I realised that I still haven’t tried making Chocolate mousse. I gave a crunchy touch to it by adding hazelnut. Hence, Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse it is!
Chocolate, Hazelnut, heavy cream are all kid’s favorite. Do you remember about Kid’s delight event with the birthday party treat theme that I announced a few days ago? I am sending this Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse recipe to Srivalli’s Kids Delight Event with pride and passion as hazelnut and chocolate are a pair made for each other.
Here I have used Ossoro’s Hazelnut essence for this recipe to get the rich flavour of delicious hazelnut. I have always noticed the difference when I use Ossoro’s essence and when I do not. So, I feel every baking enthusiast should start using Ossoro’s essence for effortless tasty results. Just loving it!
This recipe is absolutely simple yet unique. Make your life crunchy and creamy with this hazelnut chocolate mousse!
Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g Milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Hazelnut Essence
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Chopped Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Chocolate ganache
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1/4 cup Cream optional
- Melt chocolate and milk in a double boiler till no lumps.
- Mix in Ossoro's Hazelnut Essences, Vanilla Extract and toasted Hazelnuts.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, using an electric beater, beat cream till soft peaks.
- Once chocolate comes to room temperature, add cream in 2 additions. Folding in gently.
- Pour it in serving glasses.
To make Topping:
- If ganache is too thick, heat cream and mix with it.
- Add in nutella and stir well.
- Top the Mousse with this Chocolate cream.
- Chill for overnight or atleast 6 hours.
- Serve it with more hazelnuts and chocolate!