If there is one bake that even non-bakers have tried in this lock down, it definitely has to be Banana bread. Here is the updated version of it, which is Healthy Banana Chocolate Swirl Loaf. This recipe is not only good for bakers, but also for lazy non-bakers.
Not everybody likes to bake. But, everybody likes to eat banana bread. Imagine this scene – you sitting by the window during a morning breeze, sipping tea and munching banana bread. Seems like a beautiful dream right? This recipe will only make it better. Why? Because, it is not just banana bread, but a healthy banana chocolate swirl loaf.
I see a lot of people complain that they have put on a lot of weight in this lock down. Staying at home is equal to binge eating. What if you make healthier choices when binge eating. Healthy banana chocolate swirl loaf is perfect for binge eating during the quarantine period. If you are someone who dreads waking up early and making breakfast, this recipe can also be used for your breakfast.
Most of us like to bake. The problem is that we will not have all the ingredients available. Especially at times like lock down, we would search for recipes that require very less ingredients and something that is easy to bake. This recipe of is very easy to make and also doesn’t demand for more ingredients.
I have used wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and brown sugar instead of refined sugar to make this a healthy bake. I have used Ossoro’s Banana Nut Bread Flavor to give an extra touch of flavor. Adding this flavor takes the recipe to another level altogether. Let’s get into the procedure?
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me in here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
Banana Chocolate swirl Loaf
- 210 g (1 + 1/2 + 1/4 cup) Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Mashed Banana around 3 medium bananas
- 120 g (1/2 +1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (112 g) Melted Butter
- 3/4 tsp Ossoro's Banana Nut Bread Flavor
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Melted Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 c for 10 minutes. Prepare a 8" rectangle pan by applying butter.
- In a bowl, mix in melted butter, brown sugar and whisk.
- Mix in mashed banana.
- Add in Eggs and mix it together.
- Mix in Ossoro's Banana Nut Bread Flavor.
- Add in the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Fold in just till mixed.
- Add in milk and mix it.
- Pour in the loaf pan and top it with chocolate.
- Use a toothpick and swirl it.
- Bake at 180 C for 20-30 minutes, check using a toothpick whether it is done!
- Enjoy this healthy loaf with a cup of tea!
Try out this easy and healthy banana chocolate swirl loaf at home and let me know how it turns out. I would love to hear your experience. Will see you soon again with another recipe. Until then, take care and stay safe!