The best partners in the world are Coffee and cookies. They can never go wrong. So, with this combination, I have created this Healthy Coffee Walnut Cookies. You are going to love this recipe. Because, at the same time you will get the kick of having coffee and munching cookies.
Healthy Coffee Walnut Cookies
Are you one of those people who absolutely cannot start their day without coffee? I am one of them. I literally need coffee for every mood of mine. When I’m sad I need coffee to uplift my mood, when I’m happy I need coffee to celebrate, when I’m bored I need coffee to make me creative, when I’m lonely I need coffee to be my company and the list goes on. There’s no life without coffee. If I accept to have any sort of addiction in my life, it definitely has to be Coffee.
Best Cookie Recipe
No one ever said coffee and cookies are a bad combo. Because they can never be. It is widely accepted throughout the world that coffee and cookies are the best pair and they cannot be separated. I didn’t intend to separate them as well. So, I decided to add coffee into my cookies and made them healthy coffee walnut cookies. The aromatic, addictive coffee goes into the delicious cookies and makes it flavorful.
I have added some walnuts into these cookies to add some crunch and to give the essential nutrients that you need. What makes this recipe the best is that it is healthy. I have used whole wheat flour and brown sugar as healthier substitutes. And of course the walnuts which are rich in antioxidants and lowers bad cholesterol.
You can have these healthy Coffee walnut cookies as your breakfast or your pre-breakfast or as snacks or just when you are bored and craving for something sweet yet guilt-free. Now you know what to do when you want to satiate coffee cravings and cookies cravings at a time. Don’t you? Enjoy these finger-licking good delicacies at home and stay happy and healthy. Happy Baking!
Here are the other healthy Cookies recipe that you would love :
Whole Wheat Coffee Walnut Cookies
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown sugar
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 g (1 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp Strong Coffee (based on your taste)
- Using an electric beater, beat butter till creamy.
- Add in brown and regular sugar, beat till creamy.
- Add in egg. (if eggless, add 1 tbsp flax seed powder+3 tbsp water, let it sit for 5 minutes and use)
- Mix in vanilla extract and coffee.
- Measure and add in wheat flour and baking soda.
- Fold in chopped walnuts. Here you may make half batch just coffee cookies and half batch with walnuts!
- If you want flat cookies like I baked, refrigerate just for 1/2 hour. If you want raised cookies, refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the dough and place on cookie tray with 1" space between.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Store in air tight container for up to a week!