Any dessert that comes with the prefix ‘healthy’ is a game changer in every party. I bet Healthy Cranberry Scones is one of them. We ladies are health conscious yet foodies. To balance both of it, we have a tendency to fill our tummy with something yummy which is also healthy. And, dessert is an extraordinary exception which we still crave for, even though we have had enough of it. More you eat, the more you crave for it!
How about something crispy and sugary outside, soft and tender inside? How about something that can be served as a dessert as well as a snack? Two in one – that is the distinctiveness of these Healthy Cranberry Scones.
We all love cranberry. But, did you know that half cup of cranberries contains only 25 calories. What? You heard that right. It is also helpful in developing immunity function and helps in decreased blood pressure. You also get vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin A. You never knew all this until now and you still loved cranberry. Now you can love them more through these healthy cranberry scones. I have used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Where there is wheat, there is health. I have heard this from my childhood and holds to be true.
I have also used Ossoro’s cranberry essence along with the fresh cranberries. So addicted to Ossoro’s cranberry essence that my baking is incomplete without using their essence. Their easy to use mantra always works for me. Take a look at the procedure on how to make these healthy cranberry scones.
Healthy Cranberry Scones
- 240 g (2 cups) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 65 g (1/4 cup) Cold Unsalted Butter
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Cranberry Essence
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 drops Ossoro's Cranberry Essence
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a Cookie tray with butter paper.
- Mix Flour and salt.
- Add in Cold butter into it and mix till crumbly texture.
- Mix in Brown Sugar and cranberries.
- Add Buttermilk little by little, so that you don't make the dough too sticky.
- Roll or press the dough to form a circle of 1/4" thick.
- Cut it in to 8 triangles, place it on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes until the top looks golden brown color.
- Let it cool 15 min on the tray.
- Mix the sugar glaze ingredients.
- Serve it warm with cranberry sugar glaze.
By the way, this is also quick and easy apart from being healthy. Try this party delicacy and let me know how you like it. See you all again with another interesting dessert. Till then keep baking, keep eating!