Healthy Bakes are always a hit at my home!! So is this Healthy Double Chocolate Millet Brownies!!
My Son always loves chocolate very much like me. So I wanted to give something healthy with chocolate! And Fudgy Brownies are my all time favorite.
After making Chocolate Chip Cookies using Varagu/Kodo Millet Flour, I wanted to make a cake using the same. Chocolate Brownies are my stress busters. I make Brownies every other week or atleast monthly once.
Did you know?
Chocolates, if used in appropriate quantities, relaxes your mind and reduces your stress. Especially Dark Chocolate!
Now getting back to the recipe I used Cocoa Powder and Dark Chocolate. I used 72% Dark Chocolate for this recipe. You can use 50% or more. This recipe can also be made eggless by replacing Egg with Flax Egg. Check how to make Flax Egg here.
I also used black coffee to enhance the flavor of Chocolate. Coffee usually lifts up the chocolate flavor. You can always skip it. White Sugar can also be used instead of Brown Sugar as well.
Do check my other healthy Bakes here:
Healthy Double Chocolate Millet Brownies
- 125 g (1/3 + 1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 170 g Dark Chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 60 g (1/2 cup) Kodo / varagu Millet Flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 160 g (1 cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Strong Black Coffee
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 min. Prepare a 8 * 8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt Chocolate, Cocoa powder and Butter in a double boil. And let it come to room temperature.
- In another bowl, measure the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat Sugar and Eggs separately.
- Add Vanilla, coffee and chocolate mix to sugar.
- Beat well, then add in the dry ingredients.
- Pour it in the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 min.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for fellow Bloggers doing this BM#94.