Healthy Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies, tastes just like regular cookies!!
Good Morning folks!
Hope you all are doing good!
I bake almost every other day. Most of the time I use All Purpose Flour for baking. I feed those to my family, as they are the best critic. But it was my cousin brother, who told once that you are feeding a lot of maida to your son.
And then I realized why can’t I use healthy alternatives?? So after some recipe testing, this Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies are a hit at my home. It’s tastes very similar to maida cookies.
I used Kodo Millet / Varagu Rice Flour to make these Healthy Millet Chocolate chip Cookies. And some coconut flour to make it soft and chewy inside. You can use home made coconut flour.
These cookies have a soft inside. If you would like crunchy cookies, then skip baking powder. Since Baking Powder makes these cookies soft, resulting a cakey texture.
Healthy Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 30 g (1/4 cup) Kodo / Varagu Millet Flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) Wheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Whole Kodo/ Varagu Millet
- Measure the flours, chocolate chips, millet, baking powder and baking soda. Mix it and Keep aside.
- Whisk melted Butter and eggs in a bowl.
- Add in Vanilla and sugar, whisk till mixed.
- Now add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cling wrap and keep in fridge for atleast 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a cookie sheet using a parchment paper.
- After 30 min, scoop out the cookies on to the cookies sheet with 2 inch space. If you prefer, you can add more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until the sides are golden brown.
This is a perfect match for my this weeks theme “Millet Recipes” in the Blogging Marathon. I swear its gonna be a great hit at your home too. So do try it out and let me know through tagging me in Instagram or Facebook.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for fellow Bloggers doing this BM#94.
10 thoughts on “Healthy Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Even I was doing this, but now I have reduced maida in baking as it is so unhealthy. An occasional treat would be fine though. These cookies look amazing and no one can guess that it has millet in it.
I guess as long as it has chocolate chip in it, seems to be fine… 🙂 The cookies look lovely…
Excellent addiction of millet flour in cookies, that a tremendous way to include millets in anyone’s diet.. Seriously brilliant.
such a great choco chip recipe. Looking great. perfect snack to munch.
What a great idea to use millet flour to make chocolate chip cookies. They look sooo inviting – my kids will devour these. Good one for the theme.
what a fabulous looking cookie with such a lovely texture and love the way you styled the hero image!
Surely such a fantastic bake with including millet to it..very nice!
That is a great use of millet and I am sure everyone would have loved this cookie. Love your clicks!
Comments are closed.