I know what you are thinking, but its not a typo error. I said it right, Healthy Rich Plum Cookies!
Wanted to try Rich Plum Cake Flavor from Ossoro. But I know, I don’t want to do the Plum Cake as everyone does! So was thinking about few ideas and then this Healthy Rich Plum Cookies came in my mind.
So as I said in my previous posts, Cookies are such a wonderful option for Christmas gifting. I won’t let you down, you should definitely try this. In Christmas Cake, we usually add many dry fruits and nuts, which we can’t add many in Cookies.
There comes Ossoro’s Rich Plum cake flavor that you can add instead of fruits and nuts. Just one flavoring will do magic! I also added few chunks of Dried Orange Peel, to give some punch.
Few of my other Cookie Recipes below:
- Gingerbread cookies
- Mini Pavlova
- Sugar Cookies
- Linzer Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Millet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Irish Cream Crinkle Cookies
There is a long list of cookies actually, I have more. Just type in search bar for the recipe!! And this recipe is a healthy version, rich and buttery deliciousness!!
- You can make these with maida as well, just replace wheat.
- You can go ahead and add any other nuts, dry fruits, tutti fruitti.
- Don’t avoid rice flour, it makes the cookie more crunchy.
Catch me up on Instagram or Facebook @bakewithbittybakes.
Healthy Rich Plum Cookies
- 300 g (2 + 1/2 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 70 g (1/3 cup+1 tbsp) Rice Flour
- 125 g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 165 g (1/2 + 1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Star Anise Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Dried Orange Peel Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Rich Plum cake Flavor
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, salt, star anise powder and orange peel. Set aside.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Beat in the Egg and Ossoro's Rich Plum cake Flavor.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To make it pliable, keep at room temperature for 30 min.
- On a dusted work surface, roll the dough about 1/3" thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Use any cookie cutters to shape it and place in the prepared tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot or store in fridge up to 5 days.