Home made Cream Cheese and Sour cream are very easy to make. Its available only in selective super markets at high costs. I prefer to make it at home with easily available ingredients. This will definitely make your desserts more rich.
Here are the few recipes using cream cheese:
- Baked Cheese cake
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cream cheese Frosting
- No-Bake Cheesecake
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me in here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
Many other ways to use Cream Cheese:
- Crepe Filling
- Frosting for cake
- Ice cream
Ways to use Sour cream:
- Creamy savory dish
- Sandwich filling
- Salad Dressing
- Baked Goods
Homemade Cream Cheese:
Two steps to make Cream Cheese, First is to make Paneer and then cream cheese.
Ingredients to make Paneer/cottage cheese:
- Full Fat Milk – 1 liter
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Ingredients to make Cream cheese:
- Paneer – 200 g
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Make paneer by adding lemon juice to boiled milk. Close it with a lid and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain it in a muslin cloth.
- Close with a lid and leave for 1 hour.
- Take this paneer and curd in a mixer grinder.
- Pulse it till everything is mixed and smooth.
- Line a muslin cloth in a sieve and pour the cream cheese in it.
- Place the setup in a bowl and let it strain for at least 36-48 hours in fridge.
- After 48 hours you can remove from the cloth and store in air tight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To make Sour Cream:
- Full fat cream – 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Mix both in a glass jar. Shake well.
- Let it sit for at least 24 hours to 2 days to make it sour.
Hope you enjoy these Recipes!!