As the name suggests, this Homemade Easy Ice cream Cone recipe is very easy and enticing!.
During my college days as I said previously we used to go outing. When we can not afford to go out to the city, we go nearby and there used to be an ice cream store. I would go and get a cone ice cream there , get back to the hostel after an hour and then have it. I know, I know what you are thinking , won’t it melt? Right!. Well, that’s the whole point of it. I don’t know if you people remember but there used to be a little bit of a chocolate filling in the bottom of the cone. So the idea is to wait for it to melt and have. That is so yum! Heavenly bliss that was. Of course, now there is chocolate fountain which can be taken in a cone and cone that is made entirely of chocolate and that has replaced these. But that still remains my favorite.
So , one day I got a craving for it and thought why not make it home which is more healthier. Also, me having will tempt my son and I wanted to give homemade stuffs for him with me being a baker and all!?. That’s where this recipe came in. I tried the normal cone and it came out good. But, the inner me wanted to give a twist to it and give it a nutty flavour. So I added Ossoro nutty mania and the result was ………
I will let you decide that for yourself. After you try this, comment about how it is and the best answer will be filled in the blanks above. So, ready for the challenge? Put your baking hats on and get baking!.
Check out my Eggless Ice cream Recipes:
- Batter can be stored up to 4 days in fridge.
- If edge of the cone is wide open, dip it in melted chocolate so that the ice cream don’t leak out.
- Store the baked cones in air tight container to keep it crispy.
Homemade Easy Ice cream Cone Recipe
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Egg Whites
- 85 g (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Nutty Mania
- pinch of Salt
- 90 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add in Eggs, Melted Butter and Ossoro's Nutty Mania Extract.
- Using a whisk, mix it till smooth like dosa batter.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cookie Tray with parchment paper or silicone sheet. Apply some oil or melted butter.
- Pour 1 and 1/2 tbsp Batter and spread it to 6" diameter. Use a thin spatula to do it. Make the circle as even as possible.
- Bake it for 10 minutes and check for golden brown color. Some white spots are fine.
- As soon as its out of oven, flip it over.
- Use the aluminum foil cone(check above the recipe) fold to form cone. Press the edge to keep it closed.
- Do the same for rest of the batter.
- Once the cones are cooled completely, store it in air tight container.
- You can dip the edges in chocolate, top it with some sprinkles.
- Serve it with Chocolate Ice cream or your favorite Ice cream.