If you have been following me, I have been posting my Bakes for Christmas. So here is yet another Classic Traditional Homemade Ginger bread Cookies that’s made during Christmas for gifting.
As I said Christmas Gifting, I believe that edible gifting makes more happy than all others. Most of the gifts, either we give or get from others are just another toy in home.
Its used for few days and then forgotten. When you give it as edible gift, there is a special smile! You just pour in your love when you bake it and so its always remembered.
As my friend Renu said in her blog, that Ginger Bread Cookies are made in winter to keep us warm. Since it uses Cinnamon and Ginger!!
This is my 7th recipe for Bakeathon that is hosted by Srivalli, during this december.
Did you know??
Santa initially wore clothes that were in green, purple or even blue? For many years, this was the common theme for the jolly old man at the North Pole. However, Coca Cola decided to dress him up in colors that match their brand and now he is forever in red clothes!
Source: facts about Christmas
You can check my other Christmas Bakes
Homemade Ginger bread Cookies
- 145 g (1/3 + 1/3 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 150 g (3/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 200 g (1/3 + 1/3 cup) Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 455 g (3 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Clove Powder
- In a bowl, whisk in flour, spices, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat Butter till pale color.
- Add in Sugar and molasses and beat till creamy. Scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add in Eggs and Vanilla Extract. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the dry ingredients till no lumps. Dough will be a bit sticky.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours, till the dough is firm.
- Roll on a floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- Using a ginger bread man or any other cookie cutter, cut the dough and place it on the prepared cookie tray.
- After placing all the cookies on to the tray, bake it at 180 C for 12-15 min.
- This cookie will not spread much, Cookies will be soft as soon as you bake. Rest the cookie tray for 10 minutes before you try removing cookies.
- If you would like to decorate, you can use the royal icing recipe and use edible colors for decorating.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon